Revelations

How good is Revelations on a scale of 1-10?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
While WED was rather disappointing, Revelations redeems the album, by being so good that it almost single-handedly makes it worth it to buy Piece Of Mind just for this song. Fantastic vocals, amazing lyrics, great melodic bass lines, captivating softer parts with acoustic and clean guitars, but also a lot of energy to keep the listener on their toes. It offers a ton of opportunities for audience participation during concert and works just as well, if not even better, in a live setting. One of my favorites on the album, scoring an easy 9.

Best song ever when it comes to songs written about religion, washing your car or opening a pair of curtains.

Outside that particular context, it's just absolutely amazing song. One of my big favourites. It has some very distinctive Maiden magic in it. Whether studio version or live, Bruce delivering the "OH GOD OF EARTH AND ALTAR, BOW DOWN TO HEAR OUR CRY..." line is actually one of my favourite Maiden moments. Loved witnessing it live in 2018 and 2022.

Back