Remember Tomorrow about Katyn?

A

Anonymous

I've heard from many places that the song "Remember Tomorrow" is not what maidenfans.com says it is, i heard it is about the attempted start of a genocide of the Polish during World War II in the Katyn forest.

Has anyone else heard this/can confirm this?

I've never heard that before, nor have I seen it anywhere.  If you could post a few of the places you saw it...

Cant even remember, honestly.

I know go figure, but when i saw Iron Maiden in Poland 2 years ago and they played "Remember Tomorrow" there were a few people saying that. I know go figure its in Poland, but i have also read it around online. Not sure where, its been a good while, ill try to find something.

I would honestly be interested in seeing it, but I would not believe it till I saw documented evidence.  Katyn is a pretty obscure piece of history, outside of Poland of course, and Maiden's earlier songs just aren't that well researched.  The explanation given in the IMC does make sense to me, however every theory should be examined and I bet it would get mentioned if we could see how it gets backed up...

in the iron maiden boards i am writing a commentary of every song:
Remember tomorrow: this is one of the best ‘quiet’ songs iron maiden have done. Pauls voice fits perfectly with the music, the music is mystifying at first but like any iron maiden song it goes heavy at certain parts. The lyrics do make you think, I still have no idea what they’re about. Instrumentals are good and so is the solo. Guitars work well with the bass and drums which have a few too many improvised fills for such a song. I give it 4.5/5

In case you didn't know there already is a commentary for every song. :innocent:  Not trying to be a jerk or anything but seriously go read them, a lot of work went into it more than just opinions on a song.  I am a noob around here and have found that the Iron Maiden Commentary is the absolute best material to read on Maiden.  Although, your opinion is nice to have for every song out there. :ok: 

Up the Irons!!

In case you didn't know there already is a commentary for every song. :innocent: Not trying to be a jerk or anything but seriously go read them, a lot of work went into it more than just opinions on a song. I am a noob around here and have found that the Iron Maiden Commentary is the absolute best material to read on Maiden. Although, your opinion is nice to have for every song out there. :ok:

Up the Irons!!

Although the Iron Maiden Commentary is a wonderful site, which inspired my to write a book about every Maiden song, the information it provides is not always the most accurate which is also the reason I decided to make my own investigation and search hi and low for comments from almost every band member about each song. I must also say that each commentary I investigated was the one they did closest to the release of each album, because I've seen that with time they sometimes change the real reason behind the lyrics.

In any case, I have this statement by Di'Anno who actually wrote the lyrics "'Is about giving up on everything." (Paul Di'Anno for Malcom Dome – Record Mirror – March 1, 1980)

If anyone is interested in getting my book, please do so by subscribing here https://www.subscribepage.com/luisma666 and then getting the details by mail

Back