Regarding LooseCannon

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
My original goal for this letter was to scrutinize LooseCannon's remarks point by point. Unfortunately, LooseCannon's focus wanders so wildly that he never actually finishes any of his points. I think you will notice this in the ensuing discussion. What follows is a call to action for those of us who care -- a large enough number to compare, contrast, and identify the connections among different classes of pesky, truculent sexism.

Perhaps it sounds like stating the obvious to say that his underlings are tools. Like a hammer or an axe, they are not inherently evil or destructive. The evil is in the force that manipulates them and uses them for destructive purposes. That evil is LooseCannon, who wants nothing less than to regulate gnosticism. Regardless of whether we consider him a lunatic, an evil aggressor, or whatever, I would never take a job working for LooseCannon. Given his simple-minded ethics, who would want to? Be that as it may, he teaches workshops on faddism. Students who have been through the program compare it to a Communist re-education camp.

LooseCannon's trucklers contend that "bad things 'just happen' (i.e., they're not caused by LooseCannon himself)." First off, that's a lousy sentence. If they had written that when some self-deceiving bullies first introduced me to LooseCannon's villainous viewpoints, I felt that civilization had reached a nadir of bleakness, then that quote would have had more validity. As it stands, only the impartial and unimpassioned mind will even consider that none of LooseCannon's activities changes my mind about anything. There's nothing controversial about that view. It's a fact, pure and simple. It was a fact long before anyone realized that some people don't seem to mind that LooseCannon likes to "solve" all our problems by talking them to death. What an illiberal, testy world we live in! LooseCannon recently claimed that all minorities are poor, stupid ghetto trash. I would have found this comment shocking had I not heard similar garbage from him a hundred times before.

If the only way to take action is for me to sell my soul to the devil, then so be it. It would unquestionably be worth it, because if you're interested in the finagling, double-dealing, chicanery, cheating, cajolery, cunning, rascality, and abject villainy by which LooseCannon may parlay personal and political conspiracy theories into a multimillion-dollar financial empire when you least expect it, then you'll want to consider the following very carefully. You'll especially want to consider that if you want to hide something from LooseCannon, you just have to put it in a book. When I say that LooseCannon gives new meaning to the word "shallow", I consider this to mean that if LooseCannon wants to be taken seriously, he should counter the arguments in this letter with facts, not illogical panaceas, personal anecdotes, or insults. I know that I'm emotional now, but he struts like a god on Mount Olympus, looking down on us mortals below. Why do I tell you this? Because these days, no one else has the guts to. Any rational argument must acknowledge this. LooseCannon's splenetic prevarications, naturally, do not.

LooseCannon claims that might makes right. I claim that the absurdities within that claim speak for themselves, although I should add that if this letter did nothing else but serve as a beacon of truth, it would be worthy of reading by all right-thinking people. However, this letter's role is much greater than just to answer the unforgiving, disruptive card sharks who impose a narrow theological agenda on secular society. Often, the lure of an articulate new pundit, a well-financed attention-getting program, an effective audience generator, hot new "inside" information, or a professionally produced exposé is irresistible to stupid, rotten prevaricators who want to meddle in everyone else's affairs. At no time in the past did subversive freebooters shamble through the streets of cities, demanding rights they imagine some supernatural power has bestowed upon them. You may be shocked to hear this, but LooseCannon uses the word "electrotelethermometer" without ever having taken the time to look it up in the dictionary. People who are too lazy to get their basic terms right should be ignored, not debated. To wrap up, I'll just hit the key elements of this letter one last time. First, LooseCannon's prognoses are merely childish attempts at ridicule. Second, he has lost what little credibility he once had. And finally, it's amazing that muzzy-headed blusterers like him still exist in this day and age.

And the point of this long discussion about LooseCannon is... ??? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Mar 1 2004, 02:48 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Mar 1 2004, 02:48 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Bastard.  He's just pissed off because I had his name made pink. [/quote]
It's PURPLE! Not pink! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Mar 1 2004, 07:53 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Mar 1 2004, 07:53 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] And the point of this long discussion about LooseCannon is...  ???  [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

exactly what I wanted to ask....
Nice written, long post but....yes?

Isn't it plain for all to see? LooseCannon is a menace to Western Civilization! He must be taken down!

[!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

(Actually, this is from and Automatic Complaint Generator)

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Mar 1 2004, 12:46 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Mar 1 2004, 12:46 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Hang on a sec.... Why *IS* his name pink? lol [/quote]
Apparently when I say something, people listen.

Y'wha? Did someone say somethin? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Iron Duke, you remind me of George Clooney in "O Brother Where Art Thou?" Lot's of big words....no real message. [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Mar 2 2004, 03:23 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Mar 2 2004, 03:23 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Didn't you see my post complaining about name colours, RW? [/quote]
Nope

It's [a href=\'http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?showtopic=3742\' target=\'_blank\']right here[/a]! [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back