Real ballad

A

Anonymous

So shall me make a petition?
Iron Maiden rock we know that, but they don't ballad (!)
I mean, what the hell, can't they make a fu****g balld, a love song like Scorpions?
And don't tell me that Charlotte The Harlot is a love song.

What do you think??

If you want Maiden-esque love songs, check out Bruce's solo work.
We have Maiden ballads: Wasting Love and Journeyman, for example. Do you really want Maiden to make a standard love song? I like the fact that Maiden aren't going in that direction and that the very few love songs they made have an interesting twist which makes them different from what you find in the charts every day.

Ordinarily, I'd be tempted to ridicule megavag's suggestion. However, his avatar shows that he has some class. So I'll let this one slide. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

im was proud (except wasting love and journeyman) and i always will that maiden had no ballads

I don't really think that Maiden would/could do a "Love" song, even if 22 Acacia Avenue and Charlotte The Harlot were pretty close.
Anyway, Iron Maiden is more about history, religions, death, poems etc... than love. By the Way, Heavy Metal - Love - Heavy Metal ?? Sounds a bit weird.

Cheers guys

It doesn't sound wierd at all. Power Metal bands are not afraid to say 'i love you' so love and metal are compatable. however, I agree that the ballads maiden has put out are cool enough, they don't need to go all "Lamento Eroico" (rhapsody) on us.

Maiden's semi-ballads are fine, but frankly, I don't think Bruce's voice is suited to the type of song you're wanting. He's great at what he does, and some of his solo work comes very close to being balladic (new word?), but I don't think a full-on love song would work out.

[!--QuoteBegin-7th Death of a 7th Death+Feb 2 2005, 06:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(7th Death of a 7th Death @ Feb 2 2005, 06:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]By the Way, Heavy Metal - Love - Heavy Metal ?? Sounds a bit weird.
[snapback]97246[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It doesn't sound weird to me at all. Heavy Metal is not just Iron Maiden, you know.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Feb 3 2005, 10:37 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 3 2005, 10:37 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]It doesn't sound weird to me at all. Heavy Metal is not just Iron Maiden, you know.
[snapback]97290[/snapback]​
[/quote]

really
IM are rock stars, profi musicians and performing artists not just ridiculous heavy metal warriors at all

[!--QuoteBegin-agdabavipain+Feb 3 2005, 10:47 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(agdabavipain @ Feb 3 2005, 10:47 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]really
IM are rock stars, profi musicians and performing artists not just ridiculous heavy metal warriors at all
[snapback]97299[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Are you claiming Iron Maiden's music is not Heavy Metal?

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Feb 3 2005, 11:04 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 3 2005, 11:04 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Are you claiming Iron Maiden's music is not Heavy Metal?
[snapback]97300[/snapback]​
[/quote]
He's claiming Iron Maiden aren't a bunch of dorks like Pover... err... Majesty [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I still don't see the point why a Heavy Metal song can't be about love.

Yes I know that Wasting Love, Journeyman, Prodigal Son, Strange World etc. are balladeque (!wow, nice word) songs but I would like to hear a real ballad from them.
Of course heavy metal is about love too. Heavy Metal is a huge and speacial kind of music and of course it is about well, everything.
Judas Priest got ballads. KISS got ballads. Iced Earth, Helloween, Black Sabbath etc. etc.
I like hearing about killing and fearing ect. but a love song would be great too. And being Maiden their love song I'm sure it would kick ass.

Anyway. That's all

SinisterMinisterX thank you for not ridiculing me [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

(I'm new to this place guys don't eat me alive! Just a topic to keep going...)

I think to say that "X band has a ballad, therefore Maiden should have one" is a fairly fallacious argument. Maiden's always been on a level of its own, with very few bands to compare with them. Do I think that the general sound of a rock ballad would work with Maiden? Yes, I'm sure the Three Amigos could pull it off. Bruce's voice? Sure. I love Arc of Space, I think he kicked ass on that track. Nicko? Why not.

Steve. Uh-oh.

Steve Harris would likely never go for it. I think he's open to experimentation, yeah. But he's always been very much against that particular theme because it could be construed as being a sell-out.

If you're interested in ballads, check out Savatage. They have the best ones.

[!--QuoteBegin-7th Death of a 7th Death+Feb 3 2005, 09:30 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(7th Death of a 7th Death @ Feb 3 2005, 09:30 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I know, and this why I said Heavy Metal, and not Iron Maiden.
Anyway, I don't really imagine some Heavy Metal riffs, with a Heavy Metal vocals, and completly Love lyrics together, that's why it's sounds weird for me. It's ok if they say things like "I love you" etc.. but a complete love songs, for me, doesn't really go with Metal.

Hope this will be a bit clear
Cheers
[snapback]97297[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Once again I'll advice you to go to your local record store and go to the metal section and check out Power Metal bands. Helloween, Sonata Arctica, Edguy, Hammerfall, even Blind Guardian etc do both ballads and love songs. so you can see it really goes with metal.

So I say farewell, i'm your forever and i always will be!
Beautiful stuff!!

i don´t conider wasting love or the central part of revelations as ballads eventhough there one of my fave songs, but i´m willing to hear a maiden ballad (as bruce dickinson´s winds of change) to see if it would work or not, being maiden it would [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I would gladly listen if they did one, but I don't see why they need to. They have touched on love as well as most other subjects, but just because a song mentions love, it doesn't have to be an 80s hair power ballad.

Back