Queensryche & Geoff Tate

It is one of the better QR albums.. but half of their Discography is pretty bad.

Also I would like to see Diesel review Promised Land. Interesting words will be said.

Agreed, personally I think a main set standard should be minimum 16 songs but have encores being completely optional. This goes for any band

In my humble opinion, it is not about the number of songs but how long a gig is. I might be mistaken, but considering the length of Queensrÿche's songs, it seems the concert lasts less than 90 minutes, which for a band with their discography is rather short. 100-120 minutes would be more appropriate.

In my humble opinion, it is not about the number of songs but how long a gig is. I might be mistaken, but considering the length of Queensrÿche's songs, it seems the concert lasts less than 90 minutes, which for a band with their discography is rather short. 100-120 minutes would be more appropriate.
I support your reasoning and way of viewing it. 100-120 I also feel is a requirement for the perfect concert. Although I do love my 200 mins GNR concerts

The only draw to a GNR concert was Buckethead and he isn't even there anymore, so...

:ninja:

Idk 200 minutes almost seems too long. You get tired after a while. I’m saying this after being on the rail for Ghost (almost 30 songs) and Alice In Chains ( 6 total bands + rail again)

I think Maiden does it best in terms of length, though I wouldn’t mind them losing the opening act for a couple more songs.

I did a bit of Queensrcyhe binging tonight, but particularly on Promised Land. I hadn’t touched the album in quite a while. Fuck... it blew me away. I was reading that they went into a sort of seclusion while in the writing process, and it can absolutely be heard in the music. It’s one of the darkest and most depressing albums I’ve ever heard. ‘Out of Mind’ and ‘Bridge’ are the weaker tracks but everything else I cannot justify giving below a 9. It’s top notch. Like I said earlier it’s not where I would start a discography listen, but it’s damn essential.

Collin’s Incomplete Queensryche Album Rankings:
1. Operation: Mindcrime
2. Empire
3. Promised Land
4. Rage For Order
5. The Warning
6. Queensryche EP
7. Condition Human
8. Queensryche (2013)
9. The Verdict
10. Operation: Mindcrime 2
The rest I can’t rank. I don’t enjoy them. But Frequency Unknown would be last. The Todd albums are good, but they’re a big step below the early albums.

I likely will get shot for this...

29/365
Queensryche_-_Rage_for_Order_cover_1.jpg

Rage For Order - Queensryche

Walk In The Shadows - The opening track makes it clear Queensryche is on a mission, anthemic chorus, Tate's outstanding operatic vocals shine on this track. -8/10

I Dream In Infra Red - A midpaced track follows up Tate quickly brings back the operatic vocals for the chorus. A nice pleasant song it sits between a ballad and a midpaced rock track. And it walks the line perfectly. - 9/10

The Whisper - This intro is absolutely wonderful. Tate's vocals on this one don't quite grab me fully, but this songs is a great piece of music. Love the guitar work and the drums fit in perfectly - 8/10

Gonna Get Close to You - Once again a great intro, opens up the next track. Has a very stalkerish vibe but I like it. They make the song their own which makes this cover a solid addition to the album - 8/10

The Killing Words - Keys introduce the next track. Slower and somber verses lead into another operatic chorus. The intricacy of this track whilst making it feel so simple is great. The chorus could use a little work but this track is great - 9/10

Surgical Strike - Kicking back into a more direct rock style once again Surgical strike definitely sticks true to its name, direct and rocking not an amazing track but a good one nonetheless. - 7.5/10

Neue Regel - Side two kicks off with a nice introduction, Tates opening vocals are rather odd but then they get back into the traditional sound of Queensryche. Not quite a standout track but an interesting one nonetheless - 7/10

Chemical Youth (We Are Rebellion) - A straightforward opening kicks into a fairly straightforward track. Vocals are somewhat chantable, guitar work is really solid on this one, the instrumental outro is great. -7/10

London - A ballad of sorts has a rather slow tempo, soaring vocals in the chorus once more by Tate, but it doesn't quite pull me in. Once again the instrumental sections of this track are outright amazing. The dramatic feeling throughout the album is clearly a indicator of what will come on Mindcrime a few short years later. -7.5/10

Screaming In Digital - An interesting riff with some more haunting vocals from Tate introduces this track before kicking back into a rock track, once again very Mindcrime reminiscent. I like this track more than the 3 that have come before but it isn't really a standout track - 8/10

I Will Remember - Another ballad closes off the album, this one doesn't explode like the other ballads of the album, remaining calm it is a nice change and it closes off the album nicely - 8.5/10

Overall 79%

-----

41/365
Queensr%C3%BFche_-_The_Verdict.png

The Verdict - Queensryche

Blood of The Levant - The opening track kicks off with some fast paced drumming and base with a slower guitar before Todd kicks off with some easily recognizable vocals. Sounds very old school Queesnryche at this point. This track shows how good a drummer Todd is and he has filled in greatly at least on this track for me. Overall an enjoyable track but nothing groundbreaking - 8/10

Man The Machine - The second track keeps the energy going, picking up the pace even more than the first track. Another strong track, I could see this song being really strong live. Better than the first - 8.5/10

Light-Years - An interesting intro segues into a heavier section before slowing down a little. Melodic and dynamic this track is the best one thus far which seems to be a trend on the album - 9/10

Inside Out - This track starts off rocky for me but it quickly becomes a solid track. Todd's vocals are dynamic on this one, clearly a song about empowering ones self. Solid tune - 7.5/10

Propaganda Fashion - They completely skip the introduction on this track, kicking off with a bang. Another solid track, nothing really sticks out overall from this track for me - 7/10

Dark Reverie - The ballad of the album begins with some much calmer guitar work and Todd singing along, in typical Queensryche fashion it isn't a sappy ballad. 8/10

Bent - Heaviest track thus far into the album, the calmer bridge is a nice transition from the overall hard feel to the song. Another strong track - 8.5/10

Inner Unrest - Another solid track, the overall production is wearing on me a little at this point, the bridge is dark but the song is solid nonetheless - 8/10

Launder the Conscience - The instrumentation on this song kicks ass, the vocals are solid. I really like this track - 9/10

Portrait - The final song on the album begins with a heavy prodding base sound, a somewhat dynamic track, not mind blowing but definitely something worth checking out - 8/10

Overall 81%

Ouch. You may be the only person on earth that likes The Verdict more than Rage For Order.
I like them both roughly the same, Rage For Order has more high points but the Verdict I found to be very consistent overall. For my ratings I've been tempted to switching to letter grades in a sense seeing as there are some albums which I enjoyed more than these with lower ratings Burn and Seventh son being prime examples both rated below the Verdict but both I could easily rank above when not following a system.

Back