Pantera

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date
I saw Pantera 9 times in the 1990's, and they always put on an INTENSE live show. And now half of the members are no longer with us. RIP to Vinnie, who is now in heaven jamming with his brother.

I saw Hellyeah at Download festival in 2007. They weren't particularly good and their set was mainly punctured with chants of "Dimebag, Dimebag" from the crowd.

Way more crisp drums, especially the cymbals. Revolution is my name and We'll grind that axe are also online and in the link.

The pre-Power Metal is not deemed as worthy material (as it isn't) and Anselmo does not like lyrics that he wrote for that album.
Power Metal tracks were present throughout Cowboys From Hell tour and by some sources on Vulgar tour too.

Why does Pantera act like the pre-Cowboys From Hell albums don't exist? They never performed any songs from them at after Cowboys and and none are listed on their website's discography.

The soundhouse tapes are not listed on IM's discography either.
Pre major label albums are seen as demos by the band. Those "albums" are official demos. This was a thing back in that particular age.

The soundhouse tapes are not listed on IM's discography either.
Pre major label albums are seen as demos by the band. Those "albums" are official demos. This was a thing back in that particular age.
Ah, I see now. And after looking at their wiki, I see the first 4 albums were on their own independent label.

Drums are magnificent. Vinnie's cymbal work really shines. This mix is great. And I also hear a couple of piano hits (!) @ 1:50.

"Both Smith and Murray are real bad-ass players. Both have that rhythm pickup tone happening, and the Children of the Damned lead really shows that. They don't play too fast, but they play choice notes and work great together. And they have great tones. They also had the ability to play delicate acoustic stuff when they wanted, and could shred with the best when it was appropriate."

Dime in 1993. TNOTB is his "7th favourite metal track"

Back