Opening acts in Mexico City

Not sure how much speculation has been made here, but I have heard that it's going to be Iced Earth, Carcass and Ace Frehley.  Whether that's true or not we'll see, but there are clearly several bands playing, as the show has a 3:30 PM start time.

Anyone else heard the same, or different?

I've heard Iced Earth.  The other two are new to me, but I had heard it would be a 4 band metalfest including Iced Earth.  I just hope it's not true, because then I'll spend all my university savings on a trip to Mexico.

I don't think so.  You should check Iced Earth's website.  Currently, they are scheduled for a show in Madrid on Feb. 28, as part of a co-headlining tour with Saxon that entire month.  Sorry. 

cornfedhick said:
I don't think so.  You should check Iced Earth's website.  Currently, they are scheduled for a show in Madrid on Feb. 28, as part of a co-headlining tour with Saxon that entire month.  Sorry. 

No need to apologize to me, I've never heard an Iced Earth song in my life, so it's no loss.

But the fact that they're officially not opening in Mexico goes with what I heard about an hour ago, that Iced Earth is out, but Ace Frehley and Carcass are all but confirmed.

Iced Earth is the second best metal band on the planet.

You can imagine how pissed I am that their tour with Saxon covers the whole Scandinavia except Finland. :mad:

Invader said:
You can imagine how pissed I am that their tour with Saxon covers the whole Scandinavia except Finland. :mad:

C'mon.  You're in Europe.  You can go.

I'm stuck in Montreal.  :mad:

Perun said:
Iced Earth is the second best metal band on the planet.

You can see them with Saxon on Friday the 13th!
13.02.2009 - Berlin Huxleys 

:)

(Also last month Saxon was in Berlin at a press listening session of the new album).

Back