Octiron's trip to the library

A

Anonymous

Went to the library this morning, borrowed a few CDs from their metal section (My local library rules!!! 8) ) and did the good deed of the day by moving Papa Roach over to the hip-hop shelf. Anyways, here's what I got and my first impression/song recommendations:

The Storyteller - s/t
--
Pretty good power metal with a vocalist that doesn't try to rip off certain Helloween/Gamma Ray singers. Book Of Mystery(sic) is my favourite song.

Lullacry - Be my God
--
Pop-ish metal with female vox. A little to soft on some tunes for me but the opening song \"Embrace Me\" slays! Their guitars sometimes remind me slightly of Sentenced, especially the opening riff of \"Embrace Me\".

Iron Maiden - s/t
--
Needs no introduction. Haven't gotten around to buy it yet so I borrowed it... 8)

Stryper - In God We Trust
--
They look like transvestites(sp?) but they make great music... [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Couple of good songs here but none of them match \"To Hell With The Devil\"... [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Best one on this CD: \"Always There For You\"

Mastermind - Angels of The Apocalypse
--
A little hard to place in one booth but I think I'll say power/melodic/heavy metal for now. A lot of nice guitar work and a good drummer. The female vocalist is amazing and the opening song has a memorable chorus. Do yourself a favour and download \"The End Of The World\" NOW!

Magnitude 9 - Reality In Focus
--

Good progressive metal stuff with a vocalist with a pleasant and relaxing voice. Check out \"No Turning Back\" and their cover of \"Flight Of Icarus\".

Yes you do... [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

\"Guardians Of Kail\" and \"Book Of Mystery\", IMHO their best. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back