Now there's a thought!

Raven said:
Blimey, I got side-tracked there.  Still, I love Epica, even though they do have their flaws....but they have Simone! :wub:

Don't get your hopes up, as far as I know she's Mark's main squeeze :D

Onhell said:
Don't get your hopes up, as far as I know she's Mark's main squeeze :D

I don't have to get my hopes up when you have pictures like this:
Epica_simone_simons.jpg

:D
Still, I find it quite amusing that they put fans in front of Simone on stage to blow her hair back...it seems a bit melodramatic. :p

WOW! I don't even want to know what you do to that picture, Raven even though I do because I thought of it too, but am not going to because your little avatar will show up somehow :D HAHAHA

Onhell said:
WOW! I don't even want to know what you do to that picture, Raven even though I do because I thought of it too, but am not going to because your little avatar will show up somehow :D HAHAHA

No, I don't, you sick bastard.  I just look at it and realise that Mark Jansen is a very lucky man. 

I also wish for them to come to somewhere vaguely near Ireland.

And as for my avatar...the Raven sees all. :p

I must agree with the folks who've been saying Megadeth. "Countdown to Extinction" and "Foreclosure of a Dream" are incrediable political commentaries on issues relevant to America (and the world) today. I've posted about them on this very forum. I think they're one of the most under-rated metal bands out there today. It's hard to compete with the greatness of Maiden, but Megadeth comes close in many of their songs.

IronDuke said:
I must agree with the folks who've been saying Megadeth. "Countdown to Extinction" and "Foreclosure of a Dream" are incrediable political commentaries on issues relevant to America (and the world) today. I've posted about them on this very forum. I think they're one of the most under-rated metal bands out there today. It's hard to compete with the greatness of Maiden, but Megadeth comes close in many of their songs.

I think we need a separate Megadeth thread to give the proper credit to Dave Mustaine.  In fact, they were my favourite metal band until I discovered Iron Maiden.  Who knows, had I discovered Iron Maiden first I might now be thinking the opposite. 

Speaking of social commentaries, Holy Wars... The Punishment Due is especially relevant today.  For the Greater Good of God anyone? 

"Brother will kill brother
Spilling blood across the land
Killing for religion
Something I dont understand

Fools like me,who cross the sea
And come to foreign lands
Ask the sheep,for their beliefs
Do you kill on gods command?"

Poetic, beautiful, perfectly relevant... I can't think of enough praises.  This song is also personal since I came to Canada having no religion (Communism frowns on that sort of thing, you know) and wondered if Dave was born somewhere in Commie-land.  It sounds silly now, but I though the song was directed at me, personally.

Genghis Khan said:
Poetic, beautiful, perfectly relevant... I can't think of enough praises.  This song is also personal since I came to Canada having no religion (Communism frowns on that sort of thing, you know) and wondered if Dave was born somewhere in Commie-land.  It sounds silly now, but I though the song was directed at me, personally.
This song can be interpretated by many different people in different ways.  that's one of the reasons why it is so great.  Dave Mustaine allegedly wrote the song about Northern Ireland to begin with but now, the interpretation can be of a more global scale.

Back