New Tour Sold Out In Sweden!

A

Anonymous

It only took 1 hour to sell out the show in Gothenburg (capacity 14 000, but I
dunno how many tickets were sold) and some 20 minutes more to sell out the
two shows in Stockholm! (capacity about 16 000)

And even better: I got tickets! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

There's a small article in GP (one of Swedens larger newspapers) about the gigs:

GöteborgsPosten

In english: (well....err.. sort of anyway... sorry for spelling/grammar mistakes! :: )

Iron Maiden's gig in Scandinavium arena the 20th of November
sold out in a flash. By lunchtime, Monday, there were
only a few tickets left to one of Maiden's two gigs in Globen
arena the 17th and 18th November. Last year Iron Maiden
filled Ullevi Stadium in two and a half hours and this November
the Brittish heavy metal heroes return to Gothenburg on
their greatest Scandinavian tour of all time. There will be a total
of ten shows in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark.

Could this be moved to Maiden Chat?
I think the way Maiden and metal in general is so big in Scandanvia is great and I wouls love to go to one of those shows. The fans there must actually like the band, unlike in Dublin and (should I mention the O word?) where Maiden were actively booed by some sections of the audience ::

It has sold out quick and the fans will have to wait for several months for the show.

[!--quoteo(post=130078:date=Mar 1 2006, 07:17 AM:name=Prowler1979)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Prowler1979 @ Mar 1 2006, 07:17 AM) [snapback]130078[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
It has sold out quick and the fans will have to wait for several months for the show.
[/quote]

True.... but well worth waiting for [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

I'm really happy that they decided to come to Sweden this winter after all, since Bruce said
on the last tour that they woulnd't because there's no indoor arenas big enough for them. So
I had already planned on going to the U.K. this year to be able to see them, but now I don't
need to.. or maybe I'll go anyway, just because they're so great! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

I agree with Conor. I'd love to see a Maiden gig in that part of the world. Although it makes sense that they should be bigger in their home country, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Slightly saddening, really.

Back