Nevermore Update

Shaman

Ancient Mariner
"NEVERMORE have absolutely nailed their trademark blend of ferocious, melodic death metal riffage and emotive, doom-laden grandeur this time round. Warrel Dane's peerless voice remains as clear, strong and powerful as ever; linking that gleaming cutting edge of extremity with metal's more melody-orientated fundamentals. Enemies Of Reality includes a patently flawless performance and production; superb lyrics that exude both intelligence and genuine pathos; every riff, vocal hook and rhythmic idea locked together in synchronized perfection; this is exactly what heavy metal should sound like in 2003. 5 Ks." - Kerrang!

Enemies Of Reality ranked #19 on Billboard's Top Independent Albums (http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/indie_albums.jsp) and #27 on Billboard's Heatseekers Chart in the week following their July 29th release date. The album also reached # 1 on the CMJ Loud Rock Charts this week, pushing out Poison The Well and holding off Superjoint Ritual.

As if all of that good news weren't enough, NEVERMORE will be on tour throughout November & December with Dimmu Borgir, Children Of Bodom, and Hypocrisy. We guarantee you: if you miss this amazing tour, you'll hate yourself for the rest of your life. Visit the tour dates section for venues and cities and make whatever arrangements you need to make (like calling in sick to work the following day) to enjoy yourself at this star-studded event.

NEVERMORE vocalist/lyricist Warrel Dane recently spoke to Australia's Beat Magazine about the new album. Here's an excerpt from that interview:

"What I was trying to do with this record was to avoid the concept. We've done one concept album, and that was Dreaming Neon Black. I have always felt that if we tried to do another one, it would just kind of take away from that. D.N.B. is very close to my heart because it was based on very personal experiences. With this album, there's some very common lyrical themes woven throughout it, but for me, it's more of an experience rather than a concept. I think perhaps you can link all of the songs together because in essence it might be one long song, with different movements. I know the theme "Enemies Of Reality" keeps coming up over and over again in the lyrics. That was definitely intentional, but it wasn't meant to be a concept. I kind of hope that people can kind of absorb the meaning of it and actually understand it, because I'm very, very happy with the way this record turned out. This album wasn't something that we really set out to do differently; it's just that we've just been through a lot in the last couple of years. We toured so much for the last record, and I think the overall tone of aggression on this record is probably more of a by product of our life experiences in the last two years. We had to take it out on something!"

To read the entire interview, visit: [a href=\'http://www.beat.com.au/beatinterview7.shtml\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.beat.com.au/beatinterview7.shtml[/a]

Watch for the Zack Merck-directed video for "Enemies Of Reality" that will debut soon on MTV 2 and Fuse TV that will feature a scene with Warrel Dane's mouth full of worms!

NEVERMORE will be performing an all-ages show on August 19th at the Showbox in Seattle, Washington with Type O Negative; a headlining show on August 20th at the Roseland Theatre in Portland, Oregon; and will be making a guest appearance somewhere in the Pacific Northwest by the end of the month.

One last thing: Enemies of Reality has been released as an import limited edition box set with two CDs: the actual album and a bonus DVD which will featuring three Nevermore videos plus two live videos (previously released to celebrate Century Media's tenth anniversary). This box set is available through Century Media's Mail-Order and Web Shop. Order yours today!

NEVERMORE with Dimmu Borgir, Children Of Bodom, and Hypocrisy
11/7 Showplace Theater – Buffalo, NY
11/8 Harpo’s – Detroit, MI
11/9 House Of Blue’s – Chicago, IL
11/11 Government – Toronto, ON
11/12 The Medley – Montreal, QU
11/13 Toad’s Place – New Haven, CT
11/14 Convention Hall – Asbury Park, NJ
11/15 Trocadero – Philadelphia, PA
11/16 Club Laga – Pittsburgh, PA
11/18 Masquerade – Atlanta, GA
11/19 Masquerade – Tampa, FL