My eddie sketch

A

Anonymous

[img src=\'http://www.bootlegsandbsides.co.uk/sketch.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]
Its not finished but i thought id post it anyway [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Not bad, not bad at all. I quite like the shading...works nicely with the picture.

Now, just try something a little more...original. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

funckin hell that is so good i'm not that good at drawing my dad but you know

Copying is not exactly a sign of talent. The kid can draw alright, but then again I could do that too when I was 10 or 12.

Take example on Tap Legion. Original ideas and great execution of the work are the only things that can make someone stand out of the lot. Even Maidenfreak's style is better than this, as it has the advantage of originality.

Iron_Maiden_01 is just yet another copycat that doesn't really deserve recognition.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Dec 21 2004, 01:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Dec 21 2004, 01:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Iron_Maiden_01 is just yet another copycat that doesn't really deserve recognition.
[snapback]94334[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Sure. And this is coming from a guy who couldn't even create his own "Follow the ligHt" banner - he steals mine. Not that I object, but Mav hardly has a right to complain about other people copying. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Dec 21 2004, 07:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Dec 21 2004, 07:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Copying is not exactly a sign of talent. The kid can draw alright, but then again I could do that too when I was 10 or 12.

Take example on Tap Legion. Original ideas and great execution of the work are the only things that can make someone stand out of the lot. Even Maidenfreak's style is better than this, as it has the advantage of originality.

Iron_Maiden_01 is just yet another copycat that doesn't really deserve recognition.
[/quote]

Oh give the guy a break. It's nicely drawn anyway. Ofcourse it would be nice to see something original, but this is good too. No need to be so harsh... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Dec 23 2004, 01:42 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Dec 23 2004, 01:42 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Sure. And this is coming from a guy who couldn't even create his own "Follow the ligHt" banner - he steals mine. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]94439[/snapback]​
[/quote]
That's basically because I'm a lazy c*nt [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-IndianaJones+Dec 23 2004, 01:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IndianaJones @ Dec 23 2004, 01:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Oh give the guy a break. It's nicely drawn anyway. Ofcourse it would be nice to see something original, but this is good too. No need to be so harsh... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]94471[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Of course it's nicely drawn (well, it's alright I suppose). I'm just still in shock after seeing Tap Legion's fantastic artwork, which is not only original, but also in the line of what an official Maiden illustrator would have done and brilliantly made! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Did you enter the X-mas cardcompetition with anything?! If you didn't try that next year, I think you'll have quite a big chance of winning it if you create a cool pic!

Copying other pictures of Eddie is your fist step to becoming good enough to draw your own Eddie pictures. that's what I'm doing. So don't have a go at him, it's great.

[!--QuoteBegin-Revenant+Dec 30 2004, 11:37 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Revenant @ Dec 30 2004, 11:37 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Copying other pictures of Eddie is your fist step to becoming good enough to draw your own Eddie pictures.  that's what I'm doing.  So don't have a go at him, it's great.
[snapback]94965[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking only i'm not drawing anything.

And the drawing is excellent. Maybe Mav should post some of his own work seeing as he's such a critic! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Actually, copying can be good practice if you add some of your own features.

Nicely drawn, Iron_Maiden_01.

[!--QuoteBegin-aefh123+Dec 31 2004, 07:00 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(aefh123 @ Dec 31 2004, 07:00 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Maybe Mav should post some of his own work seeing as he's such a critic! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]94980[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Wow. I didn't think it could be done, but aefh has accomplished the impossible... he found a way to put the words "Mav" and "work" in the same sentence! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Jan 2 2005, 03:23 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jan 2 2005, 03:23 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Wow. I didn't think it could be done, but aefh has accomplished the impossible... he found a way to put the words "Mav" and "work" in the same sentence! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]95060[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Dec 21 2004, 08:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Dec 21 2004, 08:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Iron_Maiden_01 is just yet another copycat that doesn't really deserve recognition.
[/quote]

[!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Just ignore Maverick he can be a bit of an insensitve arse at times.
Personally I think its a great copy. I couldn't copy that accurately so I'm impressed. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Jan 7 2005, 08:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Jan 7 2005, 08:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Just ignore Maverick he can be a bit of an insensitve arse at times.
Personally I think its a great copy. I couldn't copy that accurately so I'm impressed. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]95421[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Thanks mate [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back