Music of This Millennium vs Music of This Millennium

Jacobs Dream is better. Comments:

Jacobs Dream - Never heard of them before, but I'll check them out. This song is fantastic. Vocalist sounds like a mix of Bruce, Kiske and Tate, and music is similar to Crimson Glory (first 2 albums).

Autumn - Music is OK, but vocals are not my cup of tea. I rarely listen to female fronted bands.

Turisas - End Of An Empire
(Great symphonic song, check out the choirs near the end of the song)

vs.

System Of A Down - Dreaming
(Fantastic drumming and vocal lines)

Nice that you brought some life into this topic again! :)

Glad you like Jacobs Dream. Their first album I liked the most. The second has some strong songs as well, but later they got a different singer. I guess I in turn should check out Crimson Glory.

I hope you won't ignore all female fronted metal yet, because there are many different ones.
Try these two from an earlier post in this topic!
http://forum.maidenfans.com/http://foru ... 66#p293466

After Forever song is great. I already heard Floor Jansen in Arjen Lucassen's Star One, she's fantastic.
Epica song is also good, but After Forever is better. I heard Simone in some Kamelot songs. She's a good singer, and she's really beautiful also :)

I tried some songs off that Turisas album a few days ago.Even though the theme seems interesting, I wasn't dragged by the music.Perhaps it will take more time to grow on me.

I'm familiar with SOAD.I enjoy much more the chorus on this one and the calm part in the middle.

I only got Drama Of The Ages off Jacob's Dream but I've already spotted Theater Of War and I'm going to get it some time soon.I'm really enjoying DOTA. Drama Of the Ages.
Listened to Kinescope and I like it pretty much.The former singer sounds different.He does remind me of Tate and Kiske.

Apathy - Machine Men

vs

Heaven Nor Hell - Volbeat

I'm going with Volbeat, even though neither is really my thing. I listened at some point to Machine Men, and liked them, but for some reason, their music really couldn't stand the test of time. Can't remember the last time I heard a song from them, but this didn't really change my opinion.
Anyways, here's Blotted Science - Synaptic Plasticity and Lebowski - Trip To Doha. Both instrumental bands.

I think that Blotted Science sounds way better, although I don't listen to instrumental music. I would define Blotted Science as a instrumental technical version of Control Denied (great band). Lebowski's song is really boring IMO.

Keep Of Kalessin - Dark As Moonless Night
A doomy ballad by a epic black metal bend.

vs.

Vision Divine - The Perfect Machine
Italian progpower band. This is the opening song of their concept album The Perfect Machine. Here is the story behind it, copied from Wikipedia:
"A concept album dealing with a scientist who is able to put an end to death and disease for all mankind, and thus make the human race immortal. The story considers the social and religious aspects of what such a discovery could bring."

Back