METALLICA ALBUM RANKING GAME: SUBMIT YOUR LISTS NOW!

Mosh

PM me your Metallica album rankings!
Staff member
Hey all! Most of you know the deal by now, our next game will be the Metal titans Metallica!

Here's how it works:

1: Each user will submit their rankings of the 11 Metallica studio albums to me via PM. The #1 album will receive 11 points, and #2 will receive 10, all the way down to #11 which will receive 1 point.

2: I will tally up the results and create a forum-wide ranking.

3: I will reveal the results one album at a time, starting at #11. This will be a more discussion based affair, since there will be no voting at this point.

So if you would like to participate, PM me your Metallica ranking from #1 (best) to #11 (worst). Any lists that ignore this format or don't include every Metallica studio album will be ignored! Any comments to this post with rankings will also be ignored, they must be sent via PM and no revisions! Please be aware of the Metallica studio discography (found below for your reference). No Lulu, no Garage Inc, only albums that are part of the "main" studio discography.

You have until the end of the Nightwish ranking game. I will do a "last call" when it's about to wrap up.

I want to give folks plenty of notice to revisit any albums they want, but I also want to get as many lists as possible so that we can get a more interesting ranking. If there are albums that you're less familiar with but still want to submit a list, now is your time to revisit those albums. But also if you rank an album last because you don't know it that well, I'm also not going to reject your list. I would rather you participate than not!

The Metallica discography for your reference:

Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
And Justice For All
Metallica (black album)
Load
ReLoad
St. Anger
Death Magnetic
Hardwired To Self Destruct
72 Seasons

Pity, it wouldn't even be the lowest one for me.

(I agree it's more of a Lou Reed album, however I'd also argue it's an example of a band doing something completely out of the whack and actually improving their reputation - this here is a band that could by all means just fold their arms and cash in on their legacy, and yet ... they keep doing these weird things...)

Back