Maiden albums you can’t get into?

I rate it second weakest of the 80's for this reason and also, let's not kid ourselves while the songs are musically good, Deja-Vu, TLOTLDR, SOM and Alexander are all rubbish lyrically and, bar SOM, vocally.

I can agree with the bad lyrics but the music is stellar.

Not to be a poser, but the softness and smoothness bothers me in the "metal album."

This album has more aggressive production than those preceding it. You need to listen to it on big speakers and loud (the way music was listen to in the age of the record).

I love SITs production, lyrics, and especially vocals. In fact, I rate it as one of Maiden’s top albums vocally. The album does have a smoothness to it, but the songs are so damn fast, Nicko’s bass drum is just hammering the fuck away, and Bruce’s vocals are soaring over the top. It’s a crazy good album.

Edit: changed SOT to SIT for clarity.

Last edited:
Powerslave. Never got the point of that album.

Powerslave and Number of the Beast are great albums but they're a little overrated by some fans. Piece of Mind and Somewhere in Time are better albums in my opinion.

Back to the OP, I can't get into the Blaze Bailey albums. The only song I like from that era is Sign of the Cross, it was awesome to hear it live on the LOTB Tour.

Back