Losing Weight, interesting odyssey

Opposite of this thread; but I've finally gotten back to the pre-anxiety level of 75 kg... That was about a year and a half ago.

Congrats! Between my walking between 7 to 10 hours a day and eating a balanced diet I too have stabilized at 74-75kg. Feels good.

Using a calorie-counting app works well for me. It puts your food choices in stark relief and lets you make the tradeoffs you want to make while still hitting your goal. If I want a piece of pie I’ll have one, and then I’ll know how much I have to adjust the rest of my eating for the day to accommodate it.

It’s funny hearing so many folks talk about cutting out beer, because when I start looking at the calorie counts and realizing that a 12 oz. beer has fewer calories than a large deli slice of lunch meat or a small portion of rice, and barely more calories than a slice of the bread I normally like to eat, I actually find myself choosing beer as my go-to “snack” when I’m dieting. I mean, wouldn’t you rather have two beers than a simple homemade sandwich...?

Note that I’m not approaching dieting from a nutritional perspective, just a weight loss one. I figure I can take a multivitamin and a calcium pill and that ought to get me close enough to what I need, on top of whatever I choose to eat.

This is a general question, but have you all been able to stay fit and healthy in these days now that we all have to stay at home more? With less of an option to go outside and be active, or go the gym, it seems like it can be a challenge to stay fit and avoid gaining some unwanted weight.

This is a general question, but have you all been able to stay fit and healthy in these days now that we all have to stay at home more? With less of an option to go outside and be active, or go the gym, it seems like it can be a challenge to stay fit and avoid gaining some unwanted weight.

Great question... no. I walk my dogs every other day and I keep putting off taking out my wii fit to do at least 45 minutes twice a day

Not fit, no, because I'm hardly moving about at all, but I've actually lost a lot of weight in the past few weeks due to being careful with food. I can't just pop out for something if I fancy a snack, and groceries deliveries are in short supply.

I pulled out my Wii Fit for exactly one day... 28 minute workout kicked my ass. MIGHT do it again today, but the couch is really comfy, so we'll see.

At risk of hijacking Onhell's thread, I'd just like to share that for the first time in many years, I'm a healthy weight. I wouldn't recommend OCD and a pandemic as a weight loss plan, but it's certainly done the trick.

It's really odd thinking about having a snack, reconsidering it because I need to think of my health, and then remembering I don't have to worry half as much about food and health. Just hoping it makes things easier for my arthritic knees. Plus I can actually go to a riding stables and ride just about any horse again.

At risk of hijacking Onhell's thread...
Nonsense. Hijack away, it is always good to hear other people's experiences. My GF and I haven't been eating red meat and have increased our veggie intake and we've also seen the benefits weightwise.

Back