Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

For a minute my brain was switched onto Fahrenheit, so I was all, "40 degrees in the middle of summer? Surely it's not that cold!"

Serbs love opening day discounts. A few years ago there was an opening of some big supermarket and they announced that you'll be able to buy cabbage for 1 dinar. Pensioners were literally fighting each other till the last cabbage.

Not really. I was just walking. A lot. 'Arry's only involvement was writing some of the music I listened to while driving to where I would be walking.

It was the age of the boots that fucked them.

Are you familiar with clap skates? Hinged ice skates where the blade is hinged in the front? Well, the soles of my boots tried to imitate that.

Addendum general relativity, I forgot to mention string theory. Quantum mechanics contradicts general relativity, so there's string theory. Everything vibrates... that seems to be the solution.

Keep in mind that general relativity works, special relativity works, and quantum mechanics works. To make the matters more cynical towards Einstein, a light bulb whose light he used while working on his theories is indeed "spooky action at a distance", because it allows transfer of energy states without moving any mass at a speed of light.

Because it's not pulled directly by gravity, it's the extreme concentration of energy in that system resulting in distorted fabric of space. The road is curved, photon doesn't 'feel' like it's being pulled anywhere.
Here is a simple visualization

main-qimg-23a28d9b4b5ba3b3e6ebe7a2ec8456bd-c

The white circles denote gravity force, that acts on mass. Blue circle is event horizon, a border of space-time distortion caused by huge concentration of energy in the hole. The photon going straight in between these space boats would just go straight ahead through the event horizon, sort of falling in a hole and interact with whatever is to be interacted with there, never bouncing off anything to illuminate poor boats, traveling on millions of years to a distant telescope.

Read this to get a broader understanding on what photons really are

http://quasars.org/photon.txt

Nothing of substance. Likely "100 000th reply zomfg i r amazing" quickly as hell so nobody would beat me to the punch.

Back