Lauren Harris - Calm Before The Storm

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Is this a solo/side project of Steve Harris? Yes it is, since he plays on the record (and drags Lauren along with Maiden, hehe ;) ).

However, I can understand people when they say that this topic belongs on another subforum.  :)

-------------------------

Lauren Harris' debut album, "Calm Before The Storm", will be available for download on May 19.

The 11-song LP, written over the past three years, has the album's lead track "Steal Your Fire" available for free download now here.

"Calm Before The Storm" track listing:

01. Steal Your Fire
02. Your Turn
03. Get Over It
04. Like It Or Not
05. From The Bottom To The Top
06. Let Us Be
07. Hurry Up
08. Come On Over
09. Hit Or Miss
10. See Through
11. You Say
12. Natural Thing (UFO cover) (bonus track)

Steve Harris, who guests on various tracks of the album, the first time he has played on any recording other than those of MAIDEN.

The CD version of the album will be released worldwide on June 23 through Demolition DR2 Records and will include an extra bonus track, a cover of UFO's "Natural Thing" and a seperate DVD disc which will include the showreel, two full promo videos and slide show.

Following joining MAIDEN successfully on their trans-global "Somewhere Back In Time" tour first leg in February/March, Lauren and her band will continue on tour MAIDEN through North America (May 21 to June 21) and Europe (June 27 to August 19) along with playing a number of European festivals in this period.

Says Lauren: "We have worked hard on this record for some time between out hectic touring schedule and are really delighted that it's finally coming out soon. We hope the many fans around the world who we have met on tour like it as much as we all do, and look forward to seeing many of you again on tour this summer at the MAIDEN shows and festivals we are playing."

I bought this CD this week. Definitely a different sound than Maiden, but a decent "poppy" rock album. Not for head banging by any stretch! I kept imagining Steve sitting there playing his bass so much less enthusiastically during the recording sessions!

Back