JUDAS PRIEST - "We Hope Rob Rejoins The Band!"

Shaman

Ancient Mariner
JUDAS PRIEST - \"We Hope Rob Rejoins The Band!\" [Hot Flashes - 03.01.23 15:22:26]

After years of rumors, innuendos and denials, it's finally official: JUDAS PRIEST has publicly admitted that the Ripper Owens era is, for all intents and purposes, over. \"We hope Rob rejoins the band so we can go out this summer, but part of the ball's in his court, so he's going to have to make a decision,\" drummer Scott Travis exclusively told BW&BK. It remains unclear if a reunited Priest would go it alone, tour with TWISTED SISTER as has been reported elsewhere or team up with IRON MAIDEN. Whatever happens, though, a resurrection is near.

source: bravewords.com

Yay!! Rob goes back to the palce he belongs!! But I think is not very likely he would tour with Priest this year cause he has a solo album coming down the pipe. That and he could say no to a reunion (please dont let it happen).

From Metal-Rules.com:

\"RIPPER OWENS IS JUDAS PRIEST'S VOCALIST\"
Added Friday, January 24
THERE APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN SOME CONFUSION REGARDING A STORY THAT IS CIRCULATING - THERE IS NO TRUTH IN THE RUMOUR THAT THERE HAS BEEN A REUNION WITH ROB HALFORD OR THAT WE ARE DOING ANY SHOWS WITH HIM IN THE SUMMER. RIPPER OWENS IS JUDAS PRIEST'S VOCALIST - NOTHING HAS CHANGED!
~ Jayne Andrews
www.judaspriest.com

And also..from Judas Priest Noticeboard:

\"No this is not true - Ripper Owens is Judas Priest's vocalist and we have no plans to go out in the Summer with Rob Halford!! I do wish these rumours would stop - I am talking to Scott later today to find out what he actually said but rest assured if ever there was a reunion WE would announce it to the world - not let it trickle out in stupid rumours!!!\"
Jayne Andrews
Management Co-ordinator for JUDAS PRIEST

[!--QuoteBegin-Sebastian+Jan 24 2003, 02:45 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Sebastian @ Jan 24 2003, 02:45 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Yay!! Rob goes back to the palce he belongs!! But I think is not very likely he would tour with Priest this year cause he has a solo album coming down the pipe. That and he could say no to a reunion (please dont let it happen). [/quote]
Rob Halford is touring anymore i dont think because he's not up to the schedule

Taken from blabbermouth.net:

We Are Not Reuniting With ROB HALFORD! - Jan. 24, 2003

Despite reports to the contrary, JUDAS PRIEST have no intentions of reuniting with former singer Rob Halford.

\"There appears to have been some confusion regarding a story that is circulating,\" begins an official statement released by JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-ordinator Jayne Andrews. \"There is no truth in the rumor that there has been a reunion with Rob Halford or that we are doing any shows with him in the summer. Ripper Owens is JUDAS PRIEST's vocalist — nothing has changed!\"

PRIEST's statement was issued in response to a story that was originally published on the Canadian web site Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles, which quoted JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott Travis as saying that the band were \"hop[ing]\" that Halford would rejoin the group in time for a summer tour.

Meanwhile BW&BK writer Clay Marshall stands behind the story, saying: \"I've got the guy on tape and can provide an MP3 as proof.\"

Taken from blabbermouth

JUDAS PRIEST's TRAVIS Speaks Out On HALFORD Reunion: Audio Available - Jan. 25, 2003

An audio recording of JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott Travis admitting to Canada's Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles magazine that the band are hoping for a reunion with former singer Rob Halford in time for a possible summer tour has been posted online in MP3 format at this location: [a href=\'http://www.blabbermouth.net/travisjp.mp3\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.blabbermouth.net/travisjp.mp3[/a] (file size: 348 KB).

The recording in question, the existence of which was put in doubt by an official \"denial\" from the group's management, features Travis stating that \"We hope Rob rejoins the band so we can go out this summer, but part of the ball's in his court, so he's going to have to make a decision.\"

Despite JUDAS PRIEST's official position that Tim \"Ripper\" Owens is the band's singer and that there are no plans for a reunion with Halford, all signs seem to point to the fact that Owens' days in the group are numbered.

Ripper, a former vocalist in an Akron, Ohio JUDAS PRIEST tribute band who, in 1996, was selected to be the new lead singer of the heavy metal legends, has most recently been passing time by making several live appearances with the Ohio-based \"nü-metal\" cover band THE SICKNESS.

(Thanks: BW&BK)

Geez, I never believed in rumours, but when Scott Travis says that they hope to get Rob back, well, to me it's done.

Gimme Rob with Priest!!!!!!!!!!!!! [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Taken from blabbermouth

\"JUDAS PRIEST Representative Offers Lame Excuse For TRAVIS' Slip Of The Tongue - Jan. 27, 2003

JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-Ordinator Jayne Andrews has finally confirmed the authenticity of the widely-circulated MP3 in which PRIEST drummer Scott Travis can be heard expressing hope that former singer Rob Halford will rejoin the band in time for a summer tour. In an e-mail to a fan, Andrews writes, \"I have spoken to Scott and it turns out he was at the NAMM show [in mid-January] and a guy started talking to him asking him some questions - he asked if Rob was rejoining and then he asked about RACER X and then more about PRIEST - Scott says he first of all did not know the guy had a tape recorder and secondly was only saying something that he would have liked to happen at some stage this is not anything official - if we have anything to say it will come via me! There is no truth in this.\"

Sure, Jayne, sure… Whatever you say… \"

Back