Is there a good bootleg from the Matter of the Beast tour?

srfc

Ancient Mariner
I'm looking for a decent bootleg from the Matter of the Beast tour. I know there is the Stockholm one from the first full album leg of the tour but I'm looking for a good one from the leg where they "play(ed) classics"

I have Ludwigshafen, and while the sound is pretty good, it's not a vintage gig. Bruce seems either a little ill or in a bad mood as he's not singing great and there is minimal banter, he doesn't even do "scream for me ludwigshafen" during Hallowed.

Was that not a bit of a dodgy gig with a few fuck ups, which is why it was never released?

It's a shame it never was officially released. Didn't Shirley mix it for a release but they decided against releasing it.
It was mixed, but presumably never released because Flight 666 took its spot. Steve was seen mixing a live version of The Longest Day in the F666 documentary which has lead to the common consensus that the Donington '07 live release was probably supposed to also include the rest of the AMOLAD songs from a 2006 gig too, making it a double shame it never got released.

I appreciate all the video posts, and I'll certainly check them out and "acquire" them at some stage, but it's really audio bootlegs I'm looking for now, if anyone is aware of somewhere I can get flac downloads I'd appreciate it, I know about guitar101

Actually there's quite a lot

2006.11.09 - Gigantium, Aalborg, Denmark
2006.11.10 - Valby Hallen, Copenhagen, Denmark
2006.11.17 - Globe Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
2006.11.18 - Globen, Stockholm, Sweden

2007.06.08 - Südweststadium, Ludwigshafen, Germany
2007.06.16 - Biddinghuizen, Holland

I appreciate all the video posts, and I'll certainly check them out and "acquire" them at some stage, but it's really audio bootlegs I'm looking for now
Most pages are in fact audio bootlegs, sometimes featuring a mega.nz link in the description. ;)

I have Ludwigshafen, and while the sound is pretty good, it's not a vintage gig. Bruce seems either a little ill or in a bad mood as he's not singing great and there is minimal banter, he doesn't even do "scream for me ludwigshafen" during Hallowed.

I was at that gig. The microphone didn't work properly and Bruce basically had to stand at the back of the stage in a corner all the time for the connection to work. He was seriously pissed because he was prevented from giving a proper performance.

Back