IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

Only The Good Die Young
Man On The Edge
Fortunes Of War
Look For The Truth
Judgement Of Heaven
Blood On The World's Hands
2 A.M.

Only the Good Die Young is my favorite song of these bunch, hope it advances! Voted everything off The X Factor minus Sign of the Cross, Edge of Darkness, 2 AM and the Unbeliever. Also, leave The Unbeliever alone for a round.

Life is full of dialectics. Two things that appear to be opposite but can both be true at the same time. The X Factor is an album I will go down fighting for. It's a dark, mysterious, morose, brooding, murky, complex and an overall interesting album. It's also boring, too long, awful sounding, droning, too difficult to understand, and above all else, it just flat out sucks. I believe both this things, but whenever non-Maiden fans dog on it, I always feel the need to stick up for it. If I'm with die hard Maiden fans, I'll curse this album until the day I die, because I think Iron Maiden fans are the only ones that truly grasp this album and what it is.

At least there appears to be consensus that "Look For The Truth" sucks ass (a bottom 3 Maiden song for me), and "Judgement Of Heaven" isn't far behind.

Also, fuck everybody who voted "The Clairvoyant" off the island.

Oops, I should probably be in the DRUNK POSTING thread...

Look for the Truth is a great fucking song (with a bad intro) and I will die on that hill. This is the anthem you are talking about @KidInTheDark666 , not that overlong lullaby. It was never going to advance, but god damn it deserves more recognition.

Voting for Fortunes of War and the last six songs on TXF.

LFTT has some neat ideas, but I hate the "oh-oh-oh" section, which is repeated a few times. Weakest song on the record because of that.

I like LFTT a lot too. Blood on the World's Hands is the skippable track for me. I used to dislike The Unbeliever but recently I saw the light...

I like LFTT a lot too. Blood on the World's Hands is the skippable track for me. I used to dislike The Unbeliever but recently I saw the light...
r35gdg4prcz11.jpg

Fortunes of War is an anthem. Don't touch it!
Blaze’s voice inside my head
Could I really be going crazy?
In this song the whiffed notes seem so real
Could this track just go fucking die?
Listening, or are we just crying?
This manure can’t stay in anymore

Vote “Fortunes Of War”
“Fortunes Of War”
“Fortunes Of War”
No pain anymore

Vote “Fortunes Of War”…

Eliminated after Round 14:
Be Quick Or Be Dead - 18 votes
^ Great song and one of the album's highlights imo.

I voted for:

Man On The Edge
Fortunes Of War
The Aftermath
Blood On The World's Hands
2 A.M.

MOTE and FOW (only because of their choruses), Aftermath is my least favorite song from the album at the moment, BOTWH (I'm not a fan of the chorus and the instrumental section) and 2 A.M. (I like the melancholic feel and the melodies & solo a lot, but it's not one of the album's highlights).

and "Judgement Of Heaven" isn't far behind.
What about the golden and classic Maiden instrumental section?
Look for the Truth is a great fucking song (with a bad intro) and I will die on that hill. This is the anthem you are talking about @KidInTheDark666...
I think the intro is amazing and the song is cool. Those melodies! It certainly could have been an anthem along with Flies and Man.
LFTT has some neat ideas, but I hate the "oh-oh-oh" section, which is repeated a few times. Weakest song on the record because of that.
It works better in Trooper. That's the only thing in the song that could have been different.
I used to dislike The Unbeliever but recently I saw the light...
Me too. Great chorus and especially instrumental section - like Sign, Fortunes, Judgement and Edge Of Darkness.

What about the golden and classic Maiden instrumental section?
I find your adjectives here to be wildly overblown. When that part builds to its first guitar harmony there are several nice bars, though the third backing synth note is a bum choice that drags the melody down rather than lifting it up. The melody also sounds extremely familiar, but at the moment I can’t quite place where I’ve heard it before. I think it was lifted from another song.

And the rest of the song is pretty blah, and Blaze’s vocal performance on this one is absolutely abysmal.

I've found that Blaze was at his best in the band when he was writing the lyrics. Look For the Truth is a highlight for sure.

Back