Iron Maiden Picture Disc Boxset 1990-2015

Lealman83

Trooper
Hi Folks

not sure if this has been asked before but do you think there will be any plans to release a box set containing the picture discs from 1990-2015? the band obviously did it with the 1980-88 sets so wondered if this might go the same way

If I’m remembering right, those 80s picture discs came before the black vinyl. Most of the recent albums were already released on picture discs anyway, some of them still available to purchase new. I think TBOS was the first album not to get the picture disc treatment at least since Virtual XI.

If I’m remembering right, those 80s picture discs came before the black vinyl. Most of the recent albums were already released on picture discs anyway, some of them still available to purchase new. I think TBOS was the first album not to get the picture disc treatment at least since Virtual XI.
This is true although most are going for £100+ now, I thought it would be nice to have a set to go in line with the others but I suppose its probably not going to happen

This is obviously speculation but I really think once the vinyl bubble bursts (and it will) the price of a lot of records released from around 2005 to today will come down, including the Maiden picture discs. Further, I think picture discs and record store day exclusives (e.g. Empire of the Clouds) will be the first things to drop in price. A lot of what is happening now in vinyl reminds me of the comic book industry in the late 80s and early 90s. That’s all to say that if you want the picture discs, you might be able to get them for decent prices eventually. I was actually already able to get En Vivo a couple years ago for way less than what people are trying to sell it for on eBay. Just takes patience and good searching.

But I don’t think they’ll be reissuing any of those post 80s albums on picture disc, save for maybe some one offs. I think we will see some more Maiden vinyl in the future, but probably black.

You could be able to find copies of a lot of those newer ones still in shops for regular retail price if you look hard enough.

You could be able to find copies of a lot of those newer ones still in shops for regular retail price if you look hard enough.
It's unlikely you will find the likes of BNW, DOD, AMOLAD and TFF at a reasonable price in shops now, most go for £80+

This is obviously speculation but I really think once the vinyl bubble bursts (and it will) the price of a lot of records released from around 2005 to today will come down, including the Maiden picture discs. Further, I think picture discs and record store day exclusives (e.g. Empire of the Clouds) will be the first things to drop in price. A lot of what is happening now in vinyl reminds me of the comic book industry in the late 80s and early 90s. That’s all to say that if you want the picture discs, you might be able to get them for decent prices eventually. I was actually already able to get En Vivo a couple years ago for way less than what people are trying to sell it for on eBay. Just takes patience and good searching.

But I don’t think they’ll be reissuing any of those post 80s albums on picture disc, save for maybe some one offs. I think we will see some more Maiden vinyl in the future, but probably black.

Fair point, it was just a thought on having another box set as I'm a sucker when it comes to that

It's unlikely you will find the likes of BNW, DOD, AMOLAD and TFF at a reasonable price in shops now, most go for £80+

I was thinking of mainstream shops like HMV etc. which still hadn't sold their old stock, then I realised those shops probably don't exist anymore! :lol:

8tHdV_i2hTRqIqBZ9OKNLUw2oH4=.gif

Back