Iron Maiden from late 60's

gandalf

Invader
A couple of years ago I saw a cd on a net store that they had an album called "Iron Maiden - Maiden Voyage" and I thought "What is this? Never heard of an Iron Maiden album called this." Then i ordered the album and found out that it was something totally different from the Iron Maiden we know.

It appeared that there was a band in the late 60's that was called Iron Maiden. They played something called prog heavy metal. It sounds just awefull.

Well I still got the album and I was wondering if someone else has heard about them or anything with them and your thoughts around it. The album however was released in 1998!.

Interesting!
I read in a different forum (why "Iron Maiden")that there was some other band by the same name, who phoned Steve and warned him against naming their band that. Is that the band you're talking 'bout? But in that same forum, someone said that they were not a metal band, so you're prob'ly not. If so, then Iron Maiden doesn't sound like a very original name, which is very unlike maiden ( the big ones).

If you read this at the official IM BB it was me who posted it.
According to "Run to the hills - The authirosed boigraphy" there was someone who called Steve or one of the other guys after a gig at The Cart and Horses and told them that they couldn't name themselves Iron Maiden cos they were Iron Maiden. According to the cd they played "Doom-Metal".

More info:

They had a 3 year album contract with Gemini Records Ltd.
Former name: Bum
They were English.
First release: Falling / Ned Kelly released in 1970.
They even played at The Marquee August 23rd 1969.

Full album track list:
Falling
Ned Kelly
Liar
Ritual
CC Ryder
Plague
Ballad of Marthe Kent
God of darkness.

Back