Iron Maiden CONFIRMED for Soundwave!

Re: Australian news coming next week

Fonze you've delivered the sweetest news..!!

If Maiden played Sydney in an outdoor venue or festival over summer (sothern hemisphere) it would be the absolutest in ultimate!!!  The new songs live, yeah!!  There are some metal fests down here in Jan/Feb so maybe Maiden will head line...

Thanks man!!  :edmetal:

Re: Australian news coming next week

Wow. Soundwave is a fantastic festival. This year it was headlined by Faith No More and Janes Addiction. But the highlight for me was ISIS...

This news is very good. I have a feel Nth Asia/India/Sth America and maybe China (the final frontier) will also be seeing Maiden in the first half of next year, abit like the SBIT tour.

Re: Australian news coming next week-Maiden rumored for Soundwave festival

i check blabbermouth i jusp think that the users are full of shit

Re: Australian news coming next week-Maiden rumored for Soundwave festival

Ya, I can't stand most of the idiots on there, but it's a great metal news site.

Re: Soundwave lineup poster leaked! If it's real, Iron Maiden will be on it!

That's cool that they're using the old logo.
Didn't mean to re-bump this. I made a post and then when I deleted it, it deleted another post and I had to repost that.

Re: Soundwave lineup poster leaked! If it's real, Iron Maiden will be on it!

Hey guys, my first post here cos I only just found the site!

I'm REALLY happy that they've announced shows other than SW... I'd much rather see them in a stadium rather than having to stand all day through the summer sun, listening to 50 mediocre bands of the 'emo' or 'core' genres and paying through the nose for a bottle of H20...

And I'm psyched about seeing the newer songs live as well... shame I won't be seeing 'Journeyman' live though... \m/ \m/

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Well, so far it's just Soundwave.

Errr... you might want to check on that...

"Headlining SOUNDWAVE festival PLUS 2 arena shows
23 Feb - Melbourne, Hisense Arena
24 Feb - Sydney, Entertainment Centre"

That's from ironmaiden.com and it was also announced on the Soundwave facebook page... so happy i don't have to go to Soundwave anymore! Even if i'll be going to Maiden alone, i don't care :-)

I'm planning to go to both the Sydney solo show and Soundwave.  Very true about the "emo" invasion of the Soundwave festival, but I'll happily burn in the sun all day to see Maiden at an outdoor festival.  At Soundwave it's always pretty easy to work your way into a good position at the main stages too which is a plus.  But I'll see Maiden solo too.  It would feel absolutely wrong to know that Maiden are playing in my city and yet I am not at the show.

Presale for fanclub members is next week.  I'm not a member but am desperate not to miss out.  Is there any IMFC member online who is happy to let me use their membership to buy the tickets?

I don't see much for emo bands on the lineup. Primus, Slayer, Queens Of The Stone Age, Avenged Sevenfold, Slash, and Rob Zombie sure aren't emo. And most of the other bands are hardcore metal with screaming/death type vocals, but nothing I would call emo. However, I don't put bands in genres based on lyrics. I base it on mainly on their instrumental sound. Also, try your VERY BEST not to miss Devil Driver. They put on a SUPER AMAZING live show.

Thanks for the tip Fonze.  Soundwave 2010 had a decidedly soft element to it but the 2011 lineup looks much more 'metal' which is great news as Soundwave proclaims to be the largest metal festival in the southern hemisphere.  Its a hell of a lineup already and there are more announcements to come...

I wonder if the Melbourne solo show will be the first date on The Final Frontier tour or if Maiden will stop in India or elsewhere before hitting Oz?

You bet!

I would imaging they'll be playing lots of other places before Oz. That's quite a gap between Aug. 21 and Feb. 23.

I believe they said they were taking the rest of 2010 off after the first leg of the tour ended.  

Those lazy bums! :lol:

Yeah, it seems very strange that they would do that, but I believe it was a recent quote from a magazine interview.  I may be wrong, it happens a lot.

Back