Intro of Dance Of Death tour

A

Anonymous

Sorry, I've a question that occurs in my mind and doesn't make me sleep!!!
Does anyone knows sthing about the intro of the Dance of Death tour?????
It's absolutely fantastic, even better than "Arthur's Farewell" the intro of BNW tour!!!!!!

This tune is called '[a href=\'http://www.kelstonweb.co.uk/mcs/mp3/mcs10446773.mp3\' target=\'_blank\']Declamation[/a]' and it's composed by Chris Payne.

The lyrics are taken from the Requiem as set to music by Berlioz, Verdi, Mozart, ... :

Confutatis maledictis
Juste judex ultionis
|: Dies irae, eleison
Pie Jesu, in domine :|

Thanks to GotN from the IMBB, who also adds:

Thanks to STEVEHUNTER, who pointed me in the correct direction with his info:
Taken from the thread What's that unidentified classic intro in the DOD show ?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by STEVEHUNTER
I have a new possible candidate for the DOD movie:
I have been reliably informed that the intro music also appears in the Gerard Departieau movie Vidocq
composer is one BRUNO COULAIS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched the movie VIDOCQ (which is a really good one, btw) and the tune appeared right in the beginning! So STEVEHUNTER was right!
This led me to investigation of the VIDOCQ-Soundtrack, but with lack of succes. It wasn't on there.
So I looked for info concerning the movie music within the movie-credits and some additional songs were mentioned there. I searched for them in the old internet and came up with DECLAMATION!

Wow, that was a though one!

UP THE IRONS!

Now you know and you can sleep in peace [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cool [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Mar 28 2004, 01:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Mar 28 2004, 01:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]This tune is called '[a href=\'http://www.kelstonweb.co.uk/mcs/mp3/mcs10446773.mp3\' target=\'_blank\']Declamation[/a]' and it's composed by Chris Payne.

The lyrics are taken from the Requiem as set to music by Berlioz, Verdi, Mozart, ... :

Confutatis maledictis
Juste judex ultionis
|: Dies irae, eleison
Pie Jesu, in domine :|

Thanks to GotN from the IMBB, who also adds:

Thanks to STEVEHUNTER, who pointed me in the correct direction with his info:
Taken from the thread What's that unidentified classic intro in the DOD show ?

quote:
Originally posted by STEVEHUNTER
I have a new possible candidate for the DOD movie:
I have been reliably informed that the intro music also appears in the Gerard Departieau movie Vidocq
composer is one BRUNO COULAIS

I watched the movie VIDOCQ (which is a really good one, btw) and the tune appeared right in the beginning! So STEVEHUNTER was right!
This led me to investigation of the VIDOCQ-Soundtrack, but with lack of succes. It wasn't on there.
So I looked for info concerning the movie music within the movie-credits and some additional songs were mentioned there. I searched for them in the old internet and came up with DECLAMATION! 

Wow, that was a though one!

UP THE IRONS!

Now you know and you can sleep in peace  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--][/quote]
Thank you Mav!!!! You're the man. Now I can "rest" in peace

Makes me relive my Maiden concert, MUST HAVE a dvd of the Dance of death tour [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-the_Clairvoyant1337+May 11 2004, 06:29 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(the_Clairvoyant1337 @ May 11 2004, 06:29 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The intro on the DOD tour is on The Visions of the Beast DVD, I think. [/quote]
Nope - not true

[!--QuoteBegin-the_Clairvoyant1337+May 11 2004, 07:28 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(the_Clairvoyant1337 @ May 11 2004, 07:28 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The intro on the DOD tour is on The Visions of the Beast DVD, I think. Maybe they found it so good that they decided to use it on the tour?
[snapback]64936[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenaustria+May 11 2004, 10:19 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenaustria @ May 11 2004, 10:19 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Nope - not true
[snapback]64960[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I think it is, but there are two songs at the same time. It is at the "scene selection", i think.

The DVD is about the years before DOD, so it's not on there

And by the way, there's an "edit" button to prevent double-posting. [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'Declamation' was indeed written by Chris Payne. Chris was born in 1957 and is classically trained musician, he graduated from Chichester College of Music in 1979. He then forsook it all and joined Gary Numan as a keyboard player! He stayed with Numan full-time until 1981 when Numan 'retired' and his backing band became Dramatis. At the same time, along with Billy Currie and Midge Ure from Ultravox he wrote the classic 80s hit 'Fade to Grey'. He then joined another 80s band (Dead or Alive) but mainly worked as a session musician.

Getting bored with pop he wanted to return to 'proper' music and use his orchestration skills. He was approached by Chappel to "Write something that sounds like the Old Spice music" (This was 'O Fortuna' from Carl Orf's 'Carmina Burana' and was being used to advertise Old Spice aftershave) and the result was 'Declamation' and a series of pieces like it.

Chris is still writing 'classical' music for TV and adverts but has also returned to on of his very earlierst loves which is Celtic/Cornish/Acoustic music. Yiu can find out aboout his stuff here: [a href=\'http://www.coverdriverecords.com\' target=\'_blank\']coverdrive records[/a]

PS - Not sure a load of Iron Maiden fans are going to be interested in an ex-New Romantic who writes classical/celtic music but there you go!

Back