If you were able to travel back in time and attend a show, which one would you choose?

A new show to add to my Time Travel Bucket List: Meat Loaf playing Maple Leaf Garden in Toronto, 26 November 1993.

I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That)
You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night)
All Revved Up With No Place to Go
Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through
Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad
Out of the Frying Pan (And Into the Fire)

Wasted Youth
Life Is a Lemon and I Want My Money Back
Heaven Can Wait
Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are
Bat Out of Hell

Paradise by the Dashboard Light
Everything Louder Than Everything Else

2 and a half hours of fantastic rock n roll excess. Setlist is awesome. The Bat II / Everything Louder tours were constantly having changes to the setlists and this show had my favorite. Everyone giving it 110%, epic in every sense of the word. Jim Steinman even came onstage to deliver the “Wasted Youth” speech. The only live recording that exists cuts off partway through “Bat Out of Hell” because it ran out of tape, but god, these performances are pretty much just as good as the ones on the original records.

Reactions: Yax
Scratch what I said earlier.

Van Halen - any show from 2012.
Really? Whats special about 2012? Im not more than a casual VH fan but would I be right in sayin that Roth sounded utter garbage by that stage? Obviously i could check this out online but I decide to ask you instead

Really? Whats special about 2012? Im not more than a casual VH fan but would I be right in sayin that Roth sounded utter garbage by that stage? Obviously i could check this out online but I decide to ask you instead
You're right to some point. But then again, he started sounding garbage on the majority of the gigs even in the early 80s. His singing was better when he was young, but often he would forget the lyrics or choose to ignore them. When he got older (especially on this tour), he at least realized what he can and can't do and kind of just hover over those parts (unlike that gig in Tokyo in 2015). In 2012 he at least kept his shenanigans tasteful.

The prime reason to see them then would be to see Eddie, actually.
In 2012 EVH really cleaned his act (got sober) and sounded amazing. 2012 had the longer setlists, songs from "A Different Kind of Truth" were in the set (awesome album), no Hagar/Cherone songs, Eddie didn't get in fights with sound technicians and really focused on his soloing. Also, (this may be due to bootlegs quality) but the overall sound system in arenas on their gigs improved drastically from the 80s.

After seeing Bohemian Rhapsody...Queen in the 80´s.

I would take any Queen gig at any point. They were at their grandest in the 80's and I would love to know if the reports I read are true that Freddie was able to seemingly communicate with every single member of the audience even in the far back. On the other hand, in the 70's there was a really pompous show coupled with the intimacy of smaller indoor audiences that must have been just as spellbinding. I've been casually collecting and listening to Queen bootlegs for some 20 years, and I couldn't tell you which period was the best.

Back