Ideal Festival Line-Ups

On the contrary. This is very new for Maiden and a treat for the fans; a setlist of songs that haven't been played for ages, or even never before. I don't expect new Maiden songs in 2014 anyway.

Last edited:
Alright I came up with something. Beware, it’s a bizarre mix of jazz, electronic music, black metal but of course it also features classic, huge names. For this occasion I tended to be dictatorial when it comes to line-ups and a certain setlist. I was too lazy on the time schedule, but I am sure it will be ready in time. The running order is decided though! Last but not least, it will be a busy festival for Adrian Smith. Here goes:

TFFF (The Fantastic Forostar Festival, also known by critics as The Final Forostar Festival)
Vlieland, the Netherlands, 16-18 May 2014

Day One
McCoy Tyner (featuring Bobby Hutcherson, Richard Davis and Roy Haynes)
Herbie Hancock (featuring Wayne Shorter, Ron Carter and Joe Chambers)
Primal Rock Rebellion
Mahavishnu Orchestra
(line-up of first two albums)
Wishbone Ash (the classic line-up featuring Ted Turner, Martin Turner, Andy Powell and Steve Upton)
Status Quo (playing solely material of the first half of the seventies)
Midnight Oil (this is the band I want to see most of all)

Day 2
Virgin Steele (Marriage of Heaven and Hell part II line-up)
Iron Savior (featuring Kai Hansen)
Iced Earth (Alive in Athens line-up)
Amorphis (Thousand Lakes line-up)
Tangerine Dream (combining the line-ups of the two greatest eras: Edgar Froese, Peter Baumann, Christopher Franke and Johannes Schmoelling)
Bruce Dickinson (Accident of Birth-era line-up)
Dire Straits (early line-up featuring the great Pick Withers on drums)

Day 3
Sear Bliss
Ancient
Gates of Ishtar
Killers
(playing their whole Murder One album)
Metallica (it’s about time I get to see them)
David Gilmour (featuring Mason and Waters, playing lots of awesome Floyd from every decade)
Iron Maiden, playing the following setlist:

01. Caught Somewhere in Time
02. Mother Russia
03. Sea of Madness
04. The Fugitive (*expects comments that this festival cannot take place with this song* ;-) )
05. Genghis Khan
06. Deja-Vu
07. Virus (with special guest Blaze Bayley)
08. The Duellists
09. Transylvania
10. Run Silent Run Deep
11. The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
12. Infinite Dreams
13. To Tame a Land
14. Iron Maiden (with special guest Paul Di'Anno)
encore:
15. Alexander the Great
16. The Unbeliever (with once again special guest Blaze Bayley)
17. Only the Good Die Young

A Mahavishnu reunion would be all kinds of awesome.

My ideal festival at the moment would be very diverse. I tried to break up different styles into different days. I'll definitely have a varied crowd in attendance!

War Over the Windy City

Chicago, IL - September 19th-21st

DAY ONE - Boot Camp (Folk/Rock)
(12:00-12:45) - Common Rotation
(1:00-2:00) - The Duhks
(2:30-3:30) - William Elliott Whitmore
(4:00-5:00) - Missy Higgins
(5:30-6:30) - Brandi Carlile
(7:00-8:15) - Tracy Chapman
(8:45-10:00) - Powderfinger (reunion show)
(10:30-12:00) - John Mayer

DAY TWO - The Battle (Metal)
(12:00-12:45) - Sabaton
(1:00-2:00) - Symphony X
(2:30-3:30) - Nightwish
(4:00-5:00) - Kamelot
(5:30-6:30) - Armored Saint
(7:00-8:15) - Opeth
(8:45-10:00) - Metallica
(10:30-12:00) - Iron Maiden

DAY THREE - The Aftermath (Rock/Alternative)
(12:00-12:45) - Corrosion of Conformity (first gig after reuniting w/ Pepper Keenan)
(1:00-2:00) - Clutch
(2:30-3:30) - Joe Satriani
(4:00-5:00) - Jimmy Eat World
(5:30-6:30) - Matchbox Twenty
(7:00-8:15) - Oasis (reunion show/farewell show)
(8:45-10:00) - Soundgarden
(10:30-12:00) - Tom Waits

Will you be selling day tickets for War Over the Windy City Knick? I like the look of the second day but I have no interest in the first day. I guess I wouldn't mind sticking around for the final day though.

Will you be selling day tickets for War Over the Windy City Knick? I like the look of the second day but I have no interest in the first day. I guess I wouldn't mind sticking around for the final day though.

We will have single day, two day, and full weekend passes available, as well as upgrades such as VIP seating, meet-and-greats, and unlimited Trooper ale when you purchase a War Over the Windy City commemorative stein.

Isn't Metallica opening for Maiden against your rules, Wiz?:p

Metallica was given the option to close either Saturday or Sunday night. James Hetfield refused to perform after Tom Waits and Kirk rallied his band members in honor of giving Maiden the Saturday slot. He was quoted as saying, "We've got a few more years left in us, we can always headline next year. Who knows if we'll ever get the chance to open for Iron Maiden again?"

It is rumored that the 'Tallica boys will make a special appearance during Maiden's self-titled song, where they will assist Bruce Dickinson in slaying Eddie.

Back