I made a music video to Iron Maidens Journeyman.

FattyFooty

Trooper
So i used to make films from diffrent video games, which is one of my passions along with Iron Maiden.
Now i made one based one the new game Witcher 3. I thought it would fit against the game. I maybe thinking about making several with Maiden soundtrack.

Hope you guys want to watch and give ur opinions if it fits, if its good, whats not good and so on... and most important if i should make more or just let it go. Thanks, here it is:

I'm unfamiliar with Witcher 3 but there's perhaps a bit too much slashing going on here. Some more, well atmospheric and contemplative moments would fit the music more...More shots of landscapes, travelling etc, if such exists at all in the game.

Also, perhaps the game audio is a bit too loud in the fight scenes, almost drowns out the music. Other than that, keep it up. Always cool to see fans be creative like this :)

I'm unfamiliar with Witcher 3 but there's perhaps a bit too much slashing going on here. Some more, well atmospheric and contemplative moments would fit the music more...More shots of landscapes, travelling etc, if such exists at all in the game.

Also, perhaps the game audio is a bit too loud in the fight scenes, almost drowns out the music. Other than that, keep it up. Always cool to see fans be creative like this :)

Interesting that you bring theese two points upp, since i gave em both alot of thoughts and testing. Theres definatly possible to make more "scenary shots" from the game, it do have tons of landscapes, i had 2 options going either the "visual journeyman" or the "story journeyman" i went with the story. For people knowning the game, hes traveling around looking for hes daughter. The scenes i used are from differnt chars he meets on hes journey. I had lots of footage with lanscaps, water, swimming, running, all in really cool places, but yeah i dropped em. Maybe i go a bit more "visuals" next time around.

The sound: ouch that was hard. I actually have a version with allmost no sound at all, i had a friend over... (a witcher fan, that likes Maiden) We landed on ver with the effects. But im not sure if its noticed but the longer the song goes, the more i tune down the sound effects, as in last chours its on a very low.
If interest i have the possibilty to uppload it.

Also id be greatful with likes on youtube, since my Maiden vids so far has a lil problem reaching my other top gaming movies. I want to get people from gaming to hear what Maiden is about.

Thanks for ur opinion and thanks for ur time. Both of you.

Back