How many countries do you know?

I actually did manage 195 countries after several tries...that's what comes from hanging around International Studies majors. And yes Perun is quite right, Sporcle is a gigantic waste of time, which is why I believe it's been all the rage the past months in college. :)

Why is it a waste if time ? it's a great way to practice our written English.  :smartarse:

At the age of 40, I finally have a clue where all the 50 US states are located. Never learned it before (only knew about 15 to 20 or so), but since a while we have a good app on the iPad, and last week, after about an hour, I got the 100% score. Fun to do as well. Might try the game in this topic soon.

Congrats. My biggest success with states so far is that I read the list and none of the names sounded unfamiliar. :p I wanted to check it because 50 sounded like much more than I could name off the top of my head. No clue about the specific location of majority of them.

I know where all the states are located but pinpointing the East coast is an impossible task for me. A lot of smaller states very close to each other.

Congrats. My biggest success with states so far is that I read the list and none of the names sounded unfamiliar. :p I wanted to check it because 50 sounded like much more than I could name off the top of my head. No clue about the specific location of majority of them.
I cannot name all the states off the top of my head. Not without a map, at least. But give me a US map without words (with borders though!), name a state (small ones included), and I can point at its location.
Here: http://www.sporcle.com/games/Matt/find_the_states
Score: 100% (50/50). Timer: 4:45. So it took 2 minutes and 15 seconds.

I can do Europe as well, but not the other continents. I'd need some (re-)practice first.
But I did get all 50 US states in 2:21. http://www.sporcle.com/games/states.php
And I got them in 2.16.
(In this game you write the state, and then the state appears on the map)

Last edited:
Back