How do you think the universe came into being?

i guess onhell's fury is understandable, but what i was implying was a theory, an attept to provoke some thought. there is no doubt that our inquisitiveness drives our intellact, and if it wasn't for that, we wouldn't be where we are today. if i was implying that " i am not bothered", i wouldn't be writing in the post at all, would i ?

but we have to be careful with the questions that we ask. asking what was there before singularity is like asking, " is there a life after death?" ( or before birth, to be perfectly analogical). that just doesn't matter. we shuold be curious, but about things that affect our lives in a real way. you have to ask yourself, "will this take me anywhere?" and i am not saying that it won't, but isn't giving it a thought better than chasing an invisible ghost?

i know, i am not the one to decide what's invisible and what isn't, but i am expecting a little more acceptance of ideas, if we are to truely evolve. just discarding someone's ideas as incurious is a bit conservative, don't you think?

now, to further the discussion, there is such a thing as the anthropic principal, which in essence says that the very fact of our existence gives an answer to all our why's. as in, why was there a big bang? 'cause if there wasn't, there wouldn't be anyone to ask why. if you look deeper into it, you will read that the theory suggests that there has to be a reason why everything is the way it is, and that reason is, "to let intelligent life exist".

now, for something that can make sure that we come into existance ( call it god, if you want ) by chosing just the appropriate physical constants and laws, is it not possible to decide weather we find out about it or not? and if it did, we will stumble upon the answer or not depending on that decision, no matter how much i seem to suggest to "let it go". so, relax mate! i look forward to some more intellactually stimulating replies like onhell's.

with reference to my previous remarks on " why is it nessecerry at all that we will find our creator?", the following quote from a website: ( click [a href=\'http://homepages.which.net/~radical.faith/search/a2a1.htm\' target=\'_blank\']here[/a] for the complete article)

"Perhaps the theory arises because quantum mathematics has broken down in some way. Or perhaps it's just that our limitations as reasoning beings are exposed in the face of it. Or maybe we perceive the universe as we do simply because we have developed from the universe itself. If we had developed in a different, alternative universe we would be restricted to perceiving it according to the nature of that universe. That is, we are simply unable to perceive anything other than what we do in fact perceive."

Back