Help wanted: vote for Maiden in Dutch Top 2000 radio

Thanks. So if we exclude mainstream bands like Metallica, AC/DC and the Axl Rose comedy act, it seems that Maiden did pretty well for a metal band.

I wouldn't put Metallica there, they're an awkward affair to categorize, but when you have song such as One from album such as Justice there's no mainstream involved.

Can I play with Madness is more mainstream than a lot of Metallica.

I wouldn't put Metallica there, they're an awkward affair to categorize, but when you have song such as One from album such as Justice there's no mainstream involved.

Not sure I agree. It’s more mainstream “sounding” but certainly not more mainstream in regards to airplay.

I bet One benefited from the mainstream appeal the band got after The Black Album. ;)

Anyway, it is not as if One is Hit the Lights or Metal Militia…

Madness pretty well known in the UK, saw it as background music in a TV show just the other day.
That may be true. In the US, Maiden is very rarely played compared to any other metal band, so that’s the lens I’m viewing it through.

Back