Halestorm

The Dissident

Ancient Mariner
Since I searched back roughly 12 pages and didn't find a page I figured i'd make a new discussion thread.

34/365
Halestorm2009albumcover.jpg

Halestorm - Halestorm

It's Not You - Short and sweet, the intro track kicks off with some nice vocals from Lzzy, I really like this track it is one of the 3 I've heard and It rocks - 9/10

I Get Off - A lower guitar intro with Lzzy singing over it opens up this song. The song soon kicks off into a more dynamic sound. The sex fueled lyrics are quite clear throughout and they are a theme from the vast majority of the Halestorm song's I've heard. There is no question Lzzy is an amazing singer. - 8/10

Bet U Wish U Had Me Back - A nice quick guitar intro leads into a slower song where Lzzy sings in a clearer voice than before, sexual lyrics are back again, this song is more poppy than the first two but it works - 7.5/10

Innocence - Transitioning back into towards the more rock style but keeping what made the pop side of it stick around. Another relatively strong track. - 7.5/10

Familliar Taste of Poison - An amazing ballad, calm introduction before becoming more dynamic as the song progresses. I wish they played this more often instead of the poppier stuff from Into the Wild Life (Review coming...) - 9/10

I'm Not An Angel - The guitar quickly makes itself known before calming down as Lzzy comes in. A solid song but at this point the whole relationships theme of the album has gotten old. The dynamics of the song are quite good but It really is overshadowed by the previous track - 7.5/10

What Were You Expecting? - The intro of this song signals a return to the harder rock side of Halestorm which is welcome. This song is solid but nothing amazing, the fast pace is great but this song isn't really a standout - 7/10

Love/Hate Heartbreak - A dynamic track that really works, it pulls on Lzzy's high notes with music which matches it. Overall a solid track - 8/10

Better Sorry Than Safe - This track pulled me in, Idk what did it but it just clicks with me. -8.5/10

Dirty Work - The intro to this song is the heaviest on the album thus far, the song holds some of the aggression of the into throughout the track, ending is strong. Another solid track - 8/10

Nothing To Do With Love - Another heavier intro, leads into a fast beat, the track remains solid throughout once again. I like the varying styles of vocal delivery throughout it gives the track something to keep you listening - 8/10

Overall 80% Although I feel a 77% is a more reflective rating.

-----

46/365
Halsetrom_Strange_Case.jpg

The Strange Case Of... - Halestorm

Love Bites (So Do I) - An aggressive assault by the band kicks off the album. Lzzy is taking no prisoners and the song is poppy enough to be beyond catchy but heavy at the same time - 10/10

Mz Hyde - Drums and some atmospheric guitar introduce the second track, taking the role of Mz Hyde Lzzy, the jump in quality between the 1st and 2nd record in their talent is evident thus far. - 9/10

I Miss The Misery - Transitioning from the previous track I Miss the Misery is the poppiest of the first 3 songs, but it still rocks throughout, designed for the live show this track has plenty of room for extended solos. Lzzy has a nice scream in it as well. - 8.5/10

Freak Like Me - An anthemic track kicks off with some keys before bringing in more heavy sounds once more. Solid instrument work throughout, Lzzy as always delivers. The imagry in this track is well set out it is a call to action for all her "freaks" - 9/10

Beautiful With You - Calm and more clean guitars introduce the next track which Lzzy sings in a more melodic way, this track is a nice change of pace and a solid mid tempo ballad at that. A solid track - 8.5/10

In Your Room - Another ballad, slower than the previous one but it lets loose after the first minute, it isn't the most amazing ballad but it isn't bad by any means. It is sung from a comforting someone and making them feel wanted. A solid track with an important message - 7/10

Break In - The heart wrenching piano ballad about being found and brought back from darkness the opposite of the previous track in that regard. Unbelievably beautiful track - 10/10

Rock Show - Infectious and poppy, but oh so good. Rock show is reminiscent of the feeling of the first concert ever or the first time seeing a legendary band it conveys the energy of it wonderfully and spreads the energy into the listener, oh and the solo is really good too. - 10/10

Daughter Of Darkness - The intro to this track has Lzzy singing along to the drums before the rest of the band kicks in. Another solid upbeat track, but it doesn't quite grab me fully; I could see this track growing on me. - 7.5/10

You Call Me Bitch Like Its A Bad Thing - Starting heavier before getting slightly poppy, this track has a nice pace to it and the track is solid overall. - 8/10

American Boys - This track has a good groove, Lzzy sings slightly differently than before and her voice soars over the chorus. I was expecting the quality to drop on this track but t doesn't and brings us to the album closer in style - 8/10

Heres To Us - Another amazing ballad, Lzzy and co can really get some great ballads early in their career. This song doubles as an anthem and is highly relatable, a classy way to end of a really consistent album - 10/10

Overall 88%

Back