Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Montsegur

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Run Silent Run Deep

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 7164

The poll contains Maiden A-sides which were never played live. Pick one you'd like to hear.

IMHO, there are minimum 10 premium-class Maiden songs in that list, and majority of the entries were worth to be played live. Tough choice...i'll go with Only The Good Die Young, great rocker, great solo, great lyrics, best chorus in Maiden discography!

Yeah, Only The Good Die Young is a great song and it's a crying SHAME they've never played it live. However, there are many of them in this list, and I will go with the most obvious choice - the song that would most likely make most of the crowd cream their pants - the great piece of music known as:

ALEXANDER THE GREAT!

2 AM, Virus and Como Estais Amigos were played live by Blaze. So I'm not picking either of those.

Since I'm into Face In The Sand right now, I guess that's my pick. Although I'd really love to hear Childhood's End or Judas Be My Guide live.

BTW, added Run Silent Run Deep to the poll.

Bah, i did that list from memory...it's good i missed only one.

Eddies Wingman, ATG is probably the greatest piece of music from that list...However i think that Only The Good Die Young would breed better in a typical setlist.

I was really expecting Iron Maiden to play Prodigal Son on the Early days Tour and I was awfully disappointed.

easy one ; Alexander the Great

syl said:
I was really expecting Iron Maiden to play Prodigal Son on the Early days Tour and I was awfully disappointed.

so what to say about Alexander the Great and SBIT ?? fans from all over the world wanted it, Iron Maiden knew it since 1999 (that there was a huge desire for it) and still they didn't include it

now, that's a dissapointment

Zare said:
Bah, i did that list from memory...it's good i missed only one.

Eddies Wingman, ATG is probably the greatest piece of music from that list...However i think that Only The Good Die Young would breed better in a typical setlist.

That's a good point. Of course, they should play both :) and then some more from that list. Actually they could make a great concert with songs exclusively from this list.

Alexander the Great, but I picked that because of a gut feeling.  Only the Good Die Young, Judgement of Heaven, Como Estais Amigos, The Nomad, The Thin Line Between Love and Hate, and Face in the Sand would also be great to hear.  Especially Only the Good Die Young, The Nomad & Thin Line.

Never a huge fan of Alexander, so I'll go with Thin Line, which is currently my second-favorite song off BNW, after Navigator.  I also think it would make a better live song than the extended Beckett slow-jam in Nomad, which I was also considering. 

I also can't believe they didn't play those three songs. Judgement Of Heaven and 2 A.M. are great, and Look For The Truth is a masterpiece!

D&N said:
I think Gangland would be great live, that's a really solid rockin' tune. It would blow everyone away as well. I'd say... 75% percent of the audience wouldn't even know what they were listening to.

I don't really like that song, but now that you say it, it would probably kill and destroy live.

Granted, it is not their best song but it is under-rated IMO, I like it. It most definitely would shred live.

...again, I'm sure we'll never know.

Even Though I voted for Duellists (which I want to hear most) I would like to hear The Nomad and Flash of The Blade as much as I want it.

My second category would consist of Fear is the Key, Deja Vu, he Thin Line Between Love and Hate and Montsegur

Even Though I voted for Duellists (which I want to hear most) I would like to hear The Nomad and Flash of The Blade as much as I want it.

Most people don't give any love to Back in the Village, I have a hard time understanding why.....

D&N said:
Most people don't give any love to Back in the Village, I have a hard time understanding why.....

In fact I do. In my opinion, it has one of the best guitar work in an Iron Maiden song. But I doubt if I will enjoy it live or not, because of its chorus. It is a song I prefer to listen from album, with good quality.

Back