Foo Fighters

"The office of the Attorney General of Colombia tweeted the update Saturday, saying a preliminary toxicology test found substances including opioids, benzodiazepines, tricyclic antidepressants, and THC, the psychoactive compound in marijuana."

"Bogotá's emergency center sent an ambulance to the hotel after receiving reports of "a patient with chest pains," according to the Spanish-language press release."

Such a shame. It seems to me that Taylor was just self medicating and didn't intend on overdosing.

A lot of them, by the looks of it.

A shame.
We don't know that. They only released the list of substances, not the amounts. All but the marijuana could be prescribed by a doctor, and yes I do mean all of those at one time.

There was also a report that someone from the hotel called for medical aid because of chest pains. Just because drugs were present doesn't mean drugs were the cause. Cardiac episodes can happen to seemingly healthy 50-year-old men out of nowhere. I survived such a thing one year ago myself. We should wait for official word on cause of death before blaming drugs or addiction.

We don't know that. They only released the list of substances, not the amounts. All but the marijuana could be prescribed by a doctor, and yes I do mean all of those at one time.

There was also a report that someone from the hotel called for medical aid because of chest pains. Just because drugs were present doesn't mean drugs were the cause. Cardiac episodes can happen to seemingly healthy 50-year-old men out of nowhere. I survived such a thing one year ago myself. We should wait for official word on cause of death before blaming drugs or addiction.

The Colombian press has already mentioned that he died after binging on a cocktail of heroine and other substances, citing official sources.

They could be wrong though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've not really seen heroin been thrown around very much in reports. I know the New York Post has said it was in his system, but they're the New York Post, so, take that for what you will.

"The Teacher" is 10+ minutes long, interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/But_Here_We_Are
First single is super boring and bland.

I mean, I know people say that about Foos all the time, but this one felt like AI-generated Foo Fighters.

First single is super boring and bland.

I mean, I know people say that about Foos all the time, but this one felt like AI-generated Foo Fighters.
I agree, blander than bland, easily the worst lead single I've ever heard the Foos put out. Even the ones on the weaker albums (like the last three) were still okay jams, this one's just... nothing. Instantly forgettable, heard it a million times before. Not exactly an encouraging musical statement for the start of a new era for the Foo Fighters.

I agree, blander than bland, easily the worst lead single I've ever heard the Foos put out. Even the ones on the weaker albums (like the last three) were still okay jams, this one's just... nothing. Instantly forgettable, heard it a million times before. Not exactly an encouraging musical statement for the start of a new era for the Foo Fighters.
Absolutely. The last album wasn’t great, but at least The Sky is a Neighborhood was something fresh from them.

Back