Fine tuners of metal

Should stage ands goupies and roadiesbe calle ine tuners of metal?

• yes

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • no

• depends on if the are deserving or not

• what in the fuck?!

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

ilovemaiden

Prowler
I think  yes we should because i know that if I was a roadie I would much appreciate being called a fine-tuner of metal.

SinisterMinisterX: I'm not even waiting for this topic to degrade. Pre-emptive move to Madness!

Mr. DICKtionary: WAIT. STOP.

SinisterMinisterX: Umm... what do you want? I thought I told you to stay in your cage.

Mr. DICKtionary: Just look at that poll question. Let me take a few shots in that direction.

SinisterMinisterX: No. You'll just be mean. And I'm trying to keep this forum decent.

Mr. DICKtionary: "ands" is not a word. "goupies" is not a -

SinisterMinisterX: You shut up! We all see it. We don't need you to -

Mr. DICKtionary: What the fuck does "fine tuner of metal" mean anyway?

SinisterMinisterX: Get! Back! In! Your! Cage!

<push>
<thump>
<battle cries>
<sounds of a struggle>
<door slams shut>

SinisterMinisterX: As I was trying to say, I'm moving this to Madness.

Hall of fame post.

To be fair, we've never had a discussion of roadies here.  There's a reason for that.

It took me about 10 seconds to really be sure what the question's words were, and I still have no idea what the question actually means.  And usually I'm quite fluent in internet-speak.  But your "dialogue" (schizophrenic monologue?) summed it up, gave me a great laugh too.

LooseCannon said:
Hall of fame post.

SMX's or ilovemaiden's post?  Because they both seem like hall of fame material, except the other in a not-very-positive way.

I made a post like that once.

But nobody reads this board on New Year's Day, so I deleted that post before anybody saw it. The good thing is, I've never been that drunk again.

lolwut.jpg

Ok, I'm gonna go the serious route:

'stage hands', maybe they are 'fine tuners' of metal (or whatever music they are tuning for)

'groupies', not at all, cause they just hang out, get drunk or high, and either drool on or fuck the band

'roadies', I always thought they were the same as 'stage hands', but I guess I'm not sure; maybe one sets up the stage and equipment, while the other makes sure everything sounds good on the stage.  Hm, guess I'm not sure how these jobs are broken down, actually.
-- I'm voting no for that reason.

Wasted155 said:
'roadies', I always thought they were the same as 'stage hands', but I guess I'm not sure
-- I'm voting no for that reason.

Roadies (more properly called road crew) travel with the band and set up the equipment every night.
Stage hands are local help at each gig, and help set up at a single show.

Wasted155 said:
'groupies' ... just hang out, get drunk or high, and either drool on or fuck the band

Gawd yes. And us musicians love them for it!

Ah, so.  Well, then, I guess that 'roadies' would be the ones that could be considered the 'fine tuners'.  Not stage hands.  I guess, however, that 'groupies' could be the 'de-tuners of metal', due to the fact that they help unwind the musicians.

Wonder if the lead french horn in the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra gets the same action from his/her groupies.  Or maybe the one with the tuba, since its a heavier metal :innocent:

What the fuck, I went with "depends on if the are deserving or not", to keep it competitive, yes? No?

Onhell said:
I went with "what in the fuck?" Because I've never seen that expression before :)

I hadn't actually heard of the term either before my friend came up with it. We were just talking about the gig the night before and he suggested that we rename stage hands/roadies (I think they're the same but it is a touchy issue in this topic so...) to something more impressive. Admittadly at this point we were all pretty drunk but i thought hmm maybe it would quite cool if it happened, because I know that I would love to be called a fine tuner of metal.

Back