Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Lord of Light

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters

Genghis Khan

Ancient Mariner
OK, so the list is lenghier than usual. 

Three reasons why I made this poll:
1.  We have not had a best of/worst of poll in a while.
2.  This is my first poll and I thought about it for a while before deciding on this one.
3.  The increasing collaboration between those three Maiden members is helping the overall sound of the band.  This poll is meant to honour them.  (... and this is the best I could do.  ::))

You may change your vote if you decide to do so.  As always, please include why you prefer the song you do.

I choose 'Die with Your Boots On' because:
1.  It is a fast rocker.
2.  I like the fast repetitions that Bruce does with the chorus.
3.  Out of all the songs on the list, I enjoyed this one in concert the most.
4.  Recently, I have voted this song to be #1 for 'Piece of Mind' album.  No other song here was #1 for an album, in my opinion.
5.  I like the way the guitars move along with the bass and drums.  I can't quite explain it, but it seems like each instrument contributes to the whole, as opposed to each instrument doing their own thing.
6.  I like the guitars.
7.  I love air drumming Nicko's parts that separate time changes during the instrumental sections.

EDIT:  OK, who voted for 'The Longest Day' without explaining?  Don't make me remove the vote.  (I'm kidding, but I'm not).

Has to be Brighter Than a Thousand Suns for me. It also happens to be my most played Maiden track on Last.fm - only Anathema's Closer is played more.

Great song from a great album. The little things like the way it slowly builds as Bruce sings "Out of the darkness, brighter than a thousand suns.." and the sound effect that leads into to each verse (the sound that is almost like a great rush of air, possibly the last thing you hear as the nuclear bomb falls on your head) make this song great.

Nice poll Genghis Khan, I like such polls (did it before and I intend to do more soon).

This is a difficult choice, I think.

I voted "The Evil That Men Do" because of several reasons.
It has one of the nicest guitar harmonies in Maiden history (in the bridge "Living on a razor's edge.. etc.).
From all the songs in this list I like the chorus of TETMD best.
It works fantastic live !

My favorite 3 songs (at the moment that is) from AMOLAD are 3 Smith/Harris/Dickinson ones:

These Colours Don't Run
Brighter than a Thousand Suns
Lord of Light

Now this is a really difficult decision.  I voted for Journeyman,  basically because it's one of the very few acoustic ballads they've done (the second I believe).  I love this song in all ways.  It was hard though,  since most of the tracks here are some of the best Maiden have ever done.  It seems that this trio is the best combination for songwriting  :)

SneakySneaky said:
Now this is a really difficult decision.  I voted for Journeyman,  basically because it's one of the very few acoustic ballads they've done (the second I believe).  I love this song in all ways.  It was hard though,  since most of the tracks here are some of the best Maiden have ever done.  It seems that this trio is the best combination for songwriting  :)

Hmm, get Fear of the Dark if you like acoustic material. Four songs feature acoustic guitars, and one of them is even a ballad!

Shame on you, for your ignorance! I'll call Eddie to bring it to you !  :eek:  ;)

Brighter Than a Thousand Suns for me.  The intro is very peculiar, with its strange timing and Bruce's off-time vocals.  Then the main riff is just phenomenal.  The semi-acoustic section in the chorus works brilliantly with Bruce's 'Out of the darkness...', as well.  Plus, it's a godly song to hear live. :D

This one was painfully hard. I chose The Wicker Man because its a great album opener, and I couldn't chose between all the other epics.  :blush:

The Evil That Men Do, it's just so amazing.  The Longest Day, Face in the Sand, Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, Lord of Light, and the Wickerman all came close, but I think that The Evil That Men Do is simply the best.

I voted for - The Evil that Men Do

Great guitar harmonies + lyrics and its a great song Live.
I also like The Wickerman (for its intro riff but not its chorus/outro!), Brighter than a thousand Suns and Lord of Light (for its various riffs and vocals).

Damn...another hard one! Wicker Man is the best opener! Plus it was their "reunion" album...
Evil That Men Do has one of H's top 3 solos of all time!

I'm voting for 1000 Suns cuz that song grew on me after I heard it about 20 times, and I saw the You Tube video of it from Abbey Road like 2 days after it was made...

*wishes Paschendale was Smith/Harris/Dickinson* That would be my vote  :wub:

All songs are great - the songwriting team Smith/Dickinson/Harris always deliver.

I voted for ''The Wicker Man'' (TETMD is on close second).

The other songs made by this songwriting team are:

Die With Your Boots On
El Dorado
Coming Home
Starblind

- TBOS is the only album since the reunion without a song written by them.

Back