• Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • These Colours Don't Run

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Natalie

Insect of Terror
Staff member
Alright, here's another silly poll. The 'relative' poll gave me the idea to look for songs with a common title and the first that came to mind was 'running'. There are lots of other songs such as The Fugitive that have running as a theme, but I wanted to keep it simple. Enjoy!

Natalie said:
Alright, here's another silly poll. The 'relative' poll gave me the idea to look for songs with a common title and the first that came to mind was 'running'. There are lots of other songs such as The Fugitive that have running as a theme, but I wanted to keep it simple. Enjoy!

Well to be fair I got the idea from the 'War Of The Worlds' thread...

...anyway, I voted for Run Silent Run Deep. I don't know what it is about that song, but I love that verse riff!  :ok:

I can't believe I missed this momentus poll.  :)

'The Loneliness...' is my pick.

I've said before that it is my favourite off 'Somewhere in Time'. 

As I've said before:
"Currently, I feel The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner to be the most underrated.  I like its relentless speed and when Bruce sings the title it always puts a big smile on my face.  Nicko's drumming is great and the guitars riffs, too."

I voted Run to the Hills just because it's so legendary.  These Colours would have been my second choice.

Has to be Running Free, simply because it was the first thing I ever heard (and brought) by Maiden.

"The Loneliness" gets my vote. This song impressed me (by far!) the most from all 5 when I heard them for the first time.

I love the melodies in it. The lyrics add a lot of drama and Nicko's drums are amazing !
Because of this song, I also read the book.

#1- I love that song too Forostar!
#2- Have a praise for resurrecting the Best of /Worst of Polls Forum single-handedly.  :ok:

Not only did Davey not get credited for writing Brave New World on the death on the Road CD, but poor old Genghis does not get credited for his work in inspiring Forostar to come up with some new polls. ;)

Albie said:
Not only did Davey not get credited for writing Brave New World on the death on the Road CD, but poor old Genghis does not get credited for his work in inspiring Forostar to come up with some new polls. ;)

Thanks Albie.  But I'm not "old" yet -- just over a month until my 30th.  I delay as long as possible. :D

LOL it has been done before, so I'll vote for running free after SMX locked my poll

I deleted it, I don't like the image of one locked post, especially in a topic of mine, I should let it maybe ....nevermind!! what is done is done
we go for the next silly poll

Back