Favorite Numbers Song!

Favorite Maiden song regarding numbers!?

• 2 Minutes To Midnight

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • 22 Acacia Avenue

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Public Enema Number One

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 2 A.M.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When Two Worlds Collide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Mmm...Donuts

Trooper
Songs with numbers! Gogogogo! My personal favorite is Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, with its awesome story like lyrics, ominous intriguing theme and wicked instrumental section!

The Number of the Beast is perhaps the most legendary, but I voted for 2 Minutes to Midnight.  I've overlistened TNOTB.  I think 2 Minutes... is one of Maiden's best, fantastic both lyrically and musically.  My favourite version of it is the one on Rock in Rio (Screeeam for me Braziiil!)

I edited the poll - the title of the song is "The Number Of The Beast". I've never understood why people always forget the "The" at the start.  :p at Donuts. :bigsmile:

I created a poll like this a couple years ago, but it got deleted when we purged the polls forum. However, I recall having more choices ... I think I included "Infinite Dreams" even though infinity is technically (according to mathematicians) not a number. And what happened to "Space Station Number Five"?

Bah, never mind. It's Donut's poll, not mine. So I voted for "The Number Of The Beast". It was a real tough choice between the first 4 songs. 22AA and SSOASS are both very very good, and 23:58 is even better, but something about 666 makes it stand out. Maybe because it's shorter - Harris packed a lot of clever songwriting into a very short space.

It's kinda weird that I would vote that way, since I love long songs. Maybe listening to all this Satanic Maiden music has finally gotten to me. ;)

this might seem a bit strange... but I picked Public Enema Number One.

Most of the others are longer, more 'epic' songs, put PENO kicks some serious ass with its quick licks and fast pace, and has one of Davey's best (or at least severely underrated) solos.

And besides, it's the one I listen to more frequently then the others (maybe because it fits 2 and a half times into Seventh Son)

Re: Favourite Numbers Song!

What can I say? There is no doubt that 2 Minutes to Midnight is my favourite Maiden song regarding numbers.

I voted for The Number of the Beast, although it was a tough choice between that and Seventh Son. However, Number wins on lyrics and just sheer...pace I think. And it has that extra feel to it which reaaly defines Maiden.

Seventh Son wins for me hands down !

Here the reasons (copied from my post from another topic):

What I ike about this song is the threatening side of it (only beaten by ROTAM). The heavy riffing during the couplets, the haunting melodies of Dave in the pre-chorus, the haunting melodies of Adrian in the "post"-chorus. Of course the sublime midpiece, which is one of the most atmospherical parts of the whole Maiden catalogue. The lyrics (and the way they are sung) are intruiging as well.:

Here the birth from the unbroken line
Born the healer the seventh, his time
Unknowingly blessed and as his life unfolds
Slowly unveiling the power he holds

Then they watch the progress he makes
The Good and the evil which path will he take
Both of them trying to manipulate
The use of his powers before it's too late

..are my favorite parts!

I have to think about it for a while.  22 Acacia Avenue, Seventh Son... and 2 Minutes to Midnight are all good choices right now.  TNOTB is up there, too, just not as highly rated as the other ones.

2 Minutes... can get a bit poppy, but it has great riffs and the lyrics are sing-along catchy kind.  22 Acacia Avenue is one of my favourites when I first started listening to them, and I still feel it is a great song.  It hits you right away with a powerful riff, and I love the mood changes and the solo.  Lately, I've come to appreciate Seventh Son... a lot more, for the same reasons Forostar mentioned.  So it is a tought choice.  I'll have to sleep on it.  :bigsmile:

I didn't forget it.........that's the "one" I voted my favorite numbers song.  I've really enjoyed the others over the years, but this one really delivers.

Back