Favorite Guitar Solo

Very hard to narrow it down. There would be quite a few Maiden solos up there, including Powerslave, Aces High, Paschendale, Strange World and Stranger in a Strange Land. Also, the end of The Count of Tuscany and Octavarium (by Dream Theater) solos are beautiful. And I can't forget possibly the greatest, Stairway to Heaven  :wub:

I don't think I can narrow it down either but since some people tried, let me remind you that the question wasn't which song, but which solo. That's one solo.

Metalheadlady said:
Probably a typical answer, but I really like NOTB solo. I also like Flight of Icarus's solo a lot

Which solo?

edge of darkness said:
It's so tough to decide but I think I'll go with Paschendale. Phantom of the Opera is a very close second.

Which solo?

Jupz said:
Very hard to narrow it down. There would be quite a few Maiden solos up there, including Powerslave, Aces High, Paschendale, Strange World and Stranger in a Strange Land. Also, the end of The Count of Tuscany and Octavarium (by Dream Theater) solos are beautiful. And I can't forget possibly the greatest, Stairway to Heaven  :wub:

Which solo?

Powerslave - both :D
Paschendale - the first one, the second one isn't that good IMO
Strange World - both are great, but the first slightly more
The Count of Tuscany - the last solo
Octavarium - Same as above
All the rest just have one :)

My 5 all time favorite solos:

1. Phantom Of The Opera (Dennis Stratton)
2. Comfortably Numb (David Gilmour)
3. Stairway To Heaven (Jimmy Page)
4. Free Bird (Allen Collins)
5. Highway Star (Ritchie Blackmore)

I can't put them in order, just what i come up with in this moment

Coming Home (Davey)
Frome Here To Eternity (both)
Transylvania (all)
Blood Brothers (Janick)
Brave New World (Davey)

and then those crazy ass soloing parts in SSOASS, Alexander The Great and Mother Russia.. (though not sure if I should call that solos)

Black Thunder said:
My 5 all time favorite solos:

1. Phantom Of The Opera (Dennis Stratton)
2. Comfortably Numb (David Gilmour)
3. Stairway To Heaven (Jimmy Page)
4. Free Bird (Allen Collins)
5. Highway Star (Ritchie Blackmore)
:ok: :shred: :shred:

I wish I had been around for what ended up being "The Final Fourteen". I'd be interested in knowing the original list of solos that it was narrowed down from, as a couple of my favorites are nowhere to be seen.

Favourite Dave Murray Solo : Paschendale (also qualifies as my favourite Maiden solo). Second favourite: The Thin Line Between Love and Hate ( at 6:54).
Favourite Adrian Smith solo: Drifter. Second favourite: Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
Favourite Janick Gers solo: The Alchemist. Second favourite: The Legacy

For what it's worth, I think Michael Schenker's second solo on UFO's Love to Love is the greatest guitar solo of all time... no contest.

Donner said:
My favorite Maiden solo is easily Adrian's in Stranger in a Strange Land

This. Also Alexander the Great (H), Caught Somewhere in Time (H) and Powerslave (Davey)

Davey's on Hallowed has to be my number 1 maiden solo. Also Davey's on The Lonliness of... and the LAD/F666 version of Powerslave.
My favourite H solo I would say is COTD and Janick's best for me is FOTD.

:ok:

Back