Epic songs?

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Ok, you knew this was coming, I'm sure.

I've picked the classic epic song from each album, except for DoD, I picked Paschendale because I feel it fits the epic genre better. It's really too early to pick a classic yet.

I've only included one from each album, so lesser-known epics such as Dream of Mirrors, the Unbeliever, and the Duellists aren't included. Remember the KISS principle, and I don't mean wear makeup! Keep it simple, stupid. Else things might end up as a SNAFU.

what about Holy Smoke? [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SandMaN+Sep 23 2003, 05:39 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SandMaN @ Sep 23 2003, 05:39 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Arent the trooper and run to the hills epic songs???
Is fear of the dark an epic song??? [/quote]
I ran a topic earlier asking people what they thought were epic songs, Sandman. Although both are amazing songs, I don't consider them epics because I think an epic song needs a long instrumental section.

id say either pashendale of ROTAM [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ( i chose pashendale)

Hallowed Be Thy Name [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hardest poll you've ever started, LooseCannon! But I'll say Rime of the Ancient Mariner with Hallowed be thy Name, Fear of the Dark and Paschendale close behind! [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] I was going to pick Paschendale but I clicked on the wrong button and nulled my vote...

[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] 'The Nomad' [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] because it's my fav Maiden song ever!

Ok, went for Hallowed just because it's the one I come back to most. I really don't think there's anything to choose between that, Phantom, Paschendale, 7th Son, Rime or Alex though.

LooseCannon, be prepared to burn in hell for this topic. Frankly, you are an evil [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] making us choose!

PD (the unimpressed & lurking in the shadows, Eddie at his side for LooseCannon to venture out of hiding!!!)

[!--QuoteBegin-Max_Stax+Sep 24 2003, 07:14 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Max_Stax @ Sep 24 2003, 07:14 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Ok, went for Hallowed just because it's the one I come back to most. I really don't think there's anything to choose between that, Phantom, Paschendale, 7th Son, Rime or Alex though.

LooseCannon, be prepared to burn in hell for this topic. Frankly, you are an evil  [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]  making us choose!

PD (the unimpressed & lurking in the shadows, Eddie at his side for LooseCannon to venture out of hiding!!!) [/quote]
Hey man! I love LooseCannons polls! When I'm surfing around the board and search for a topic to post in, a LooseCannon poll is great!

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Sep 23 2003, 03:00 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Sep 23 2003, 03:00 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--QuoteBegin-SandMaN+Sep 23 2003, 05:39 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SandMaN @ Sep 23 2003, 05:39 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Arent the trooper and run to the hills epic songs???
Is fear of the dark an epic song??? [/quote]
I ran a topic earlier asking people what they thought were epic songs, Sandman. Although both are amazing songs, I don't consider them epics because I think an epic song needs a long instrumental section. [/quote]
Sorry, I didnt read it.
I thought that an epic song was one whos lyrics were about wars and all that shit...
I related epic with war...
Some Maiden lyrics are related to wars and combat and thats really good.

well if youre asking me i think half of this songs aren`t epic!!!!!!!!

i think epic songs are like ROTAM, Clansman, Paschendale, and NOT Fear of the dark, HBTN, etc.

epic song has got to have epic story and inst. sections, others are just "epic" by lenght.........if you know what i`m sayin` [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-zyxel+Sep 25 2003, 10:15 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(zyxel @ Sep 25 2003, 10:15 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] well if youre asking me i think half of this songs aren`t epic!!!!!!!!

i think epic songs are like ROTAM, Clansman, Paschendale, and NOT Fear of the dark, HBTN, etc.

epic song has got to have epic story and inst. sections, others are just "epic" by lenght.........if you know what i`m sayin` [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Yes, but FotD and HBTN have an epic quality IMO.

I think Hallowed be thy Name is one of the real Maiden epics!

FotD is maybe not an epic but it's the greatest song on the album by far so...

[!--QuoteBegin-Miss Maiden+Sep 24 2003, 07:07 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Miss Maiden @ Sep 24 2003, 07:07 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I had to choose between two of my fav Maiden songs, Paschendale and The Nomad. I voted Nomad.....!!!!!! [/quote]
[!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back