Empire of the Clouds single. Does it play at the right speed?

srfc

Ancient Mariner
I just ripped this from my vinyl of the single.

It seems to be on the vinyl at the wrong speed, either that or there's something up with my record player. Can someone else check their vinyl?

Running time is 17:38 and when you play it back to back with the digital version you can hear it's a different pitch. It's not hugely noticeably, I only noticed it due to the run time, so there's definitely not a section missing on anything like that.

Don't have the single, but can you cross reference it with the album version and listen for the pitch? Should tell you if it's the record or the player.

Last edited:
Never bought that single, I looked when it was available on RSD but somehow forgot about it.
So those that have it: How does it sound and is it good pressing? Is it worthwhile addition to the collection.
I see that the other side has "Maiden Voyage - The Story Behind Empire Of The Clouds", which makes this like nice little release.
Might be getting this to my collection..

Sounds great, also the maiden voyage is a good listen, Bruce dominating most of the discussion

That sucks. Is it worth repairing or do you have to get a replacement?

From reading up online it seems an easy enough job for a repairman, it's a simple adjustment. It's just finding someone in this era with the know how, although I think a mate had a job done on his turntable in the last 10 years so maybe that guy is still around.

Most annoying thing for me is I ripped 8 albums/singles that aren't available digitally in the last while, and I'll probably have to do that all again now.

Back