DoD - Orchestral version 2?

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Maiden won't be like Metallica just because they do an orchestral album. Why should they suffer because of them? They don't have to hype it up like 'tallica and do a video. They can just make an album...plain and simple. I wouldn't mind at all. [/quote] Are you sure that Rod wouldn't try to make an another PR action from it? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Even if they do release an orchestral album I hope that they'll do it "plain and simple", without talking about it too much . And pick good songs for it so that it wouldn't sound like 'tallica's "S & M" (good name, actually - one needs to be a complete pervert to listen to it with pleasure [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]) . But anyway, to my mind, it's too trendy - there are also a lot of well-known black and prog metal bands who use sympho stuff in their music. And now such release is not gonna be a real event in the Metal world. [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Dark Mind+Dec 18 2003, 06:11 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Dark Mind @ Dec 18 2003, 06:11 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Are you sure that Rod wouldn't try to make an another PR action from it? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Even if they do release an orchestral album I hope that they'll do it "plain and simple", without talking about it too much . And pick good songs for it so that it wouldn't sound like 'tallica's "S & M" (good name, actually - one needs to be a complete pervert to listen to it with pleasure [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]) . But anyway, to my mind, it's too trendy - there are also a lot of well-known black and prog metal bands who use sympho stuff in their music. And now such release is not gonna be a real event in the Metal world.  [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
1. When has Rod's PR techniques worked? [!--emo&:rolleyes2:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes[2].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes[2].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

2. Knowing Maiden, they stick to their own terms, so it would be Maiden..plain and simple.

3. I can't see how you think it's trendy, and I certainly can't see why you bring in black and prog metal bands. You're basically saying, if somebody else has done it, Maiden shouldn't! That's not right! I can't see your logic in that. To take it to the extreme it would be like saying, Maiden shouldn't have started to play heavy metal, 'cos Black Sabbath already did it. That wouldn't make any sense. It's the MUSIC that counts!

4. If Maiden would release such an album, I'd be GLAD if the rest of the Metal world hated it. Let it be a special thing to the people who truly appreciate Maiden and their greatness! The other "metalheads" ([!--emo&:rolleyes2:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes[2].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes[2].gif\' /][!--endemo--]) ) wouldn't know intelligent music if it came right up to them and smacked them in the face [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yeah, Maiden seem to stick to their own terms. But they also were saying that they'd never use keyboards! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] And I'm not saying that Maiden shouldn't do it at all. I just say that it would be better for them to wait a little bit for a fashion to change. Just like they started playing Metal when it was completely out of fashion, when there were crowds of punks... and they weren't like them, so they were rather memorable. And where are those punks? They're gone, but Maiden survived! So it's sometimes good not to be trendy!

[!--QuoteBegin-Dark Mind+Dec 18 2003, 06:55 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Dark Mind @ Dec 18 2003, 06:55 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Yeah, Maiden seem to stick to their own terms. But they also were saying that they'd never use keyboards! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] And I'm not saying that Maiden shouldn't do it at all. I just say that it would be better for them to wait a little bit for a fashion to change. Just like they started playing Metal when it was completely out of fashion, when there were crowds of punks... and they weren't like them, so they were rather memorable. And where are those punks? They're gone, but Maiden survived! So it's sometimes good not to be trendy![/quote]
When did they say that? Early 80's [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Time's change, so does music. Don't come here and say that like SSoASS wasn't good with synth?

I don't see that there is a fashion with using orchestras. It's not like all the bands are doing it. Metallica did it years ago, so did Scorpions. Rage I have no idea about, and that says alot! But so what if the whole world do it? If good music comes out of it, then who cares if it's trendy? That's what it all boils down to. Good music! Why should they hinder themselves in making good music?
My friends, you seem obsessed with what's trendy and what's not. Screw that. Be comfortable...life's too short to be worried about petty little things.

I'm not saying that 7SOA7S was a bad album (if you look at my profile, you will see that it's my favorite one), I just wanted to show that they stick to their terms, but not strictly. And an orchestra fashion actually exists now in the Metal world - this trick is used by a lotta bands, starting with Scorpions and finishing with Therion and Dimmu Borgir. I'm not obsessed with being out of fashion, I just wouldn't like them to chase the fashion. But they most likely won't do it - they're not like S**tallica, and they never actually did it. If they do it now - of course, I will buy the album and enjoy it. But if they wait a little - I will be really glad for them - it's better when it's something different!

[!--QuoteBegin-Dark Mind+Dec 18 2003, 07:17 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Dark Mind @ Dec 18 2003, 07:17 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I'm not saying that 7SOA7S was a bad album (if you look at my profile, you will see that it's my favorite one), I just wanted to show that they stick to their terms, but not strictly. And an orchestra fashion actually exists now in the Metal world - this trick is used by a lotta bands, starting with Scorpions and finishing with Therion and Dimmu Borgir. I'm not obsessed with being out of fashion, I just wouldn't like them to chase the fashion. But they most likely won't do it - they're not like S**tallica, and they never actually did it. If they do it now - of course, I will buy the album and enjoy it. But if they wait a little - I will be really glad for them - it's better when it's something different! [/quote]
I don't think there's much point in going on [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] You keep saying the same things with different words [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Bottom line is I don't object if they do an orchestral album (I doubt they'll ever do it..I'm just saying). Fashion or not. It would be good music and they wouldn't loose anything.

Up The Irons!

I don't like the Orchestral and Rock mixes. I want real songs, not just remixes. I would not buy a single with a track I've already heard and another track I've already heard as b'side.

[!--QuoteBegin-Cyrus+Dec 18 2003, 07:42 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Cyrus @ Dec 18 2003, 07:42 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
Bottom line is I don't object if they do an orchestral album (I doubt they'll ever do it..I'm just saying). Fashion or not. It would be good music and they wouldn't loose anything.

Up The Irons! [/quote]
Exactly Cyrus!
hi btw, i'm Smalldude from the Maiden BB, how ya doing???
I think that Maiden would suit an orchestra more than the ppl that ahve already done it, like Metallica, Kiss, because there songs are very theatrical, and include synth orhcestra's in their more recent work.
[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

So Maiden shouldn't make an orchestral album because MetallicA did it and MetallicA is trendy. Tsssk narrow minded.

Has anyone heard Kisse Alive IV, that was very well done [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Djaser+Dec 18 2003, 06:43 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Djaser @ Dec 18 2003, 06:43 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] So Maiden shouldn't make an orchestral album because MetallicA did it and MetallicA is trendy. Tsssk narrow minded.

Has anyone heard Kisse Alive IV, that was very well done [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Oh, damn, you completely misunderstood me. I didn't say that they shouldn't do it because of Metallica - who are Metallica to pay attention to them? I just told thatnow it's not a good time for it. And, as it was already said, Maiden will hardly try to make an orchestral album. So this argument is kinda worthless. Sorry for starting it .

it would be great to hear a lot of Maiden themes played acoustic instead of ochestral....

am i right? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I can't hear any differences to 'Dance of Death (Orchestral Version)'. I have listened my Rainmaker 3" and can't find any differences.

[!--QuoteBegin-BloodBrother_Trailero+Dec 18 2003, 11:31 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(BloodBrother_Trailero @ Dec 18 2003, 11:31 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] it would be great to hear a lot of Maiden themes played acoustic instead of ochestral....

am i right? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
I think it would be really nice with some acoustic ones!
but only if it fits the song!

BTW, I also think that there isn't so much difference between the original DOD version and the orchestral one. [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] They just added a little more keyboards in the beginning of the song. The keyboards in the middle and in the end of the song are the same but sound a bit louder. Is that what they call orchestration? [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] IMO, they'd better put the electrical version of Journeyman on the B-Side as they intended to do. It would have been much more interesting to listen to. [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Do you mean that Jorneyman will be the next A-side single track? Or the electrical version will go as a B-side for the next single (what song will be, if there are more singles, the next A-side)? Hmmm, it's kinda interesting to know... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Different strange sources say Journeyman will be next a'side, yeah... very, very rumouresque though...

Maybe journeyman as a-side and journeyman electric version as b-side [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--].

Post your thoughts in my new Scandinavian thread. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Let's get some life into our old forum!

Back