DoD ALbum Opener

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

I've seen some people here say that Wildest Dreams isn't a good opener for DoD. What song do you think would've been the best opener for the new album?

WD`is a good song but I think Rainmaker would have been better. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I don't like WD so much. It's too made-to-be-a-single for me. My best DOD tracklist is actually the following:

1) Rainmaker
2) No More Lies
3) Montsegur
4) Dance of Death
5) Paschendale
6) Face in the Sand
7) Age of Innocence
8) Journeyman

Wildest Dreams could be a single that isn't featured on the album (like Sanctuary), and Gates of Tomorrow and New Frontier is possible b'sides.

The single tracklists should be something like:

1) Wildest Dreams
2) Pass the Jam
3) Live rec. from Give me Ed... tour

1) Rainmaker
2) New Frontier
3) Live rec.

1) Journeyman (?)
2) Gates of Tomorrow
3) Live rec. from DOD tour

Just a thought. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-MaidenSweden+Sep 20 2003, 08:22 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MaidenSweden @ Sep 20 2003, 08:22 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I don't like WD so much. It's too made-to-be-a-single for me. My best DOD tracklist is actually the following:

1) Rainmaker
2) No More Lies
3) Montsegur
4) Dance of Death
5) Paschendale
6) Face in the Sand
7) Age of Innocence
8) Journeyman

Wildest Dreams could be a single that isn't featured on the album (like Sanctuary), and Gates of Tomorrow and New Frontier is possible b'sides.

The single tracklists should be something like:

1) Wildest Dreams
2) Pass the Jam
3) Live rec. from Give me Ed... tour

1) Rainmaker
2) New Frontier
3) Live rec.

1) Journeyman (?)
2) Gates of Tomorrow
3) Live rec. from DOD tour

Just a thought.  [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] its clearly that you are swedish...

[!--emo&:o--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I dont like you... [!--emo&:hammerhead:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smashfreakB[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smashfreakB[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

They are all exelent songs (well. good) i like WD and new frontier(someway the chorus always make me sing along [!--emo&:P--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--](out beyond the new frontier, playing god without mersy, without fear... [!--emo&:P--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) gates of tomorrow are good to!

It's clearly that you are norwegian!

Let me explain my thoughts:

WD - A good song, really catchy rocker, but it just doesn't fit with the rest of the album

GOT - Worst Maiden song... EVER!

NF - Not bad, but as Maverick cleverly pointed out: the lyrics are pathetic!

I think Gates of Tomorrow is a great song. The intro sucks (sounds like Dokken), but the rest is excellent.

Montsegur is a perfect opener. Kick ass right at begin.
[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Whoever said GOT was the worst Maiden song EVER, needs to be shot!! [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] (I dont know how to quote right [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]) it's not THAT bad..i mean..Angel and the Gambler..was way worse...and other songs..the one's everyone hates, You know. [!--emo&:o--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I said it! [!--emo&:P--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Paschendale_CRO+Sep 28 2003, 02:27 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Paschendale_CRO @ Sep 28 2003, 02:27 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Alexander the great [/quote]
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'][span style=\'color:red\']?[/span][/span]

Anyone supporting me?! [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You support me there!!! [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think wildest dreams is a perfect opener! Lot's of people dont like it, but i think it has good energy and feel. Well there are good and cathy riffs too, and i really like the slow part.
[!--emo&:duckie:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/duckie.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'duckie.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cool! Someone else uses the banana!

Back