Diving for Cover

The Hermit

Invader
Been wondering where to put this.......and as no-one seems to have asked a similar question.....I guess I'll put it here.

So here's the question......

Maiden often put covers on their 'B-sides'.....What song would you like to see Maiden cover?

My choice would be Twelfth Night's 'The Collector'........True it's prog rock with lots of keyboards.......but I'd love to see their take on the song......and if not that then stick with the prog and get the boys to try their hand at Marillion's 'Grendel'.  Of course they'd make much better live tracks.

I'd love to hear Maiden cover some Priest songs, primarily to see how Bruce would sing Rob Halford's songs.  I've heard Bruce (solo) cover Deep Purple and Black Sabbath (Perfect Strangers, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath), but none from Priest. 

Dream Theater covers a lot of Maiden tunes, I think it would be cool to hear a Maiden cover of a DT tune.  Maybe 'Pull Me Under', or 'Home'.

Or maybe something from Queensryche.

That would be sweet. 

I found a clip once that said "Iron Maiden plays  Bohemian Rhapsody"-- I know that Bruce was singing the vocals, but I don't know if the rest of the band was there... and I have lost the link.  I would love to see that tho.

Free Bird? sure Adrian, Dave and Janick could handle the sweet sweet riff's in that.

Also Something from the Stones?

wasted155 said:
That would be sweet. 

I found a clip once that said "Iron Maiden plays  Bohemian Rhapsody"-- I know that Bruce was singing the vocals, but I don't know if the rest of the band was there... and I have lost the link.  I would love to see that tho.

It was Bruce and some other people.  Not Maiden.

LooseCannon said:
It was Bruce and some other people.  Not Maiden.

OK, thanks.  I think that may have been an old limewire download, and not that trustworthy.

Paranoid!

Ok, I'm kidding.  It's just a cliché to shout"play Paranoid!" at Finnish gigs. Must've heard that phrase at least ten times (for different bands) during last week-end.

I'd like to hear Jawbreaker, The Sentinel, or Victim of Changes from Priest, or maybe Heaven and Hell from Black Sabbath.

Invader said:
It's just a cliché to shout"play Paranoid!" at Finnish gigs.

Interesting. In the US, the equivalent is shouting "Freebird!"

Shouting that once will get you dirty looks from the band.

Shouting it twice will get your ass beaten by the guitarist next time the band takes a break.

Shouting it a third time will get your ass beaten by the rest of the bar patrons immediately, followed by the guitarist next time the band takes a break.

We need a new tradition. "Freebird" is played out, and "Paranoid" - while a good song - isn't at all difficult to play, so it's not the same.
I'm gonna start shouting "Frankenstein" at bar bands, since the song is near-impossible for most bar bands to recreate.
Hell, the only reason the original band could do it live was because Edgar Winter plays 3 different instruments - keyboards, saxophone and drums - during that song alone.

Back