Dimmu Borgir

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
DIMMU BORGIR guitarist Silenoz has dismissed as "wrong" reports of former IMMORTAL guitarist/vocalist Abbath joining DIMMU BORGIR following the breakup of his previous band.

Speaking to the Swedish Metal web site last Tuesday (July 29), Silenoz said, "[the rumors of Abbath joining DIMMU BORGIR are] totally wrong. It is, on the other hand, true that he has participated as a guest vocalist in two songs on the [new DIMMU BORGIR] album. But it is absolutely not anything more than that. He put down his vocals in the middle of April and that was a long time before their split up. That is, by the way, a high surprise for us and it is incredibly sad that [IMMORTAL] have chosen to quit. I don't understand why they're doing it but I'm sure that they have their reasons, and I fully respect that, of course."

When asked how Abbath's guest appearance on DIMMU BORGIR's new album, "Death Cult Armageddon", came about, Silenoz said, "We wanted to have one or two guest artists on the record and he's told us before that he respects us and likes our music. We in DIMMU BORGIR have loved IMMORTAL's music ever since the very beginning, so it was an honor for us when he contributed to our album. We just sent him some SMS's [phone text messages] and then everything was going on. He really wanted to participate on the record."

"Death Cult Armageddon", due out on September 9 (a day earlier internationally) through Nuclear Blast Records, was recorded and mixed at Studio Fredman in Gothenburg, Sweden and is said to be the group's "most epic, majestic, somber, evil and grimmest release to date," according to Silenoz.

Back