Dennis Stratton

REALLY????? haha
respect to dennis but these statements seem surprising to say the least, mention that he was present at the soundhouse tapes and it is not like that!

Dennis's playing and role are important for the sound of the debut album. Not as much as Dave's (and he has fewer solos than him), but the guitar harmonies and the backing vocals are the backbone of the album. The chemistry between him and Dave is good. No one can be like Dave and Adrian though. Actually, his style on the first album is similar to Dave's in some phrasing and tone and a bit to Adrian's as well. His ''Remember Tomorrow'', ''Charlotte The Harlot'' (Adrian) and (the great) ''Phantom Of The Opera'' solos are good examples. Talented guitarist for melodic passages/solos.

His best solos for me are on ''Transylvania'' (super cool long solo, like Dave's one) and especially on ''Strange World'' (what a feel!). Which are yours?

But Dennis' preferred and favorite style wasn't the one Maiden were aiming for. I think his style fits and shines best with Praying Mantis. This can especially be heard on their 1998 album, Forever In Time - which has amazing melodies, vocal hooks and not a single bad song! I recommend it big time. An underrated band. Some of these melodies and hooks would have been very fitting for the early days of Maiden.

Dennis's playing and role are important for the sound of the debut album. Not as much as Dave's (and he has fewer solos than him), but the guitar harmonies and the backing vocals are the backbone of the album. The chemistry between him and Dave is good. No one can be like Dave and Adrian though. Actually, his style on the first album is similar to Dave's in some phrasing and tone and a bit to Adrian's as well. His ''Remember Tomorrow'', ''Charlotte The Harlot'' (Adrian) and (the great) ''Phantom Of The Opera'' solos are good examples. Talented guitarist for melodic passages/solos.

His best solos for me are on ''Transylvania'' (super cool long solo, like Dave's one) and especially on ''Strange World'' (what a feel!). Which are yours?

But Dennis' preferred and favorite style wasn't the one Maiden were aiming for. I think his style fits and shines best with Praying Mantis. This can especially be heard on their 1998 album, Forever In Time - which has amazing melodies, vocal hooks and not a single bad song! I recommend it big time. An underrated band. Some of these melodies and hooks would have been very fitting for the early days of Maiden.
I love Dennis solos on "Phantom Of The Opera" and "Strange World". :)

Back