Cover band plays Empire Of The Clouds WITH ORCHESTRA

karljant

Ancient Mariner
EMPIRE OF THE CLOUDS with orchestration! (there are people that are gonna freak out with this):

Former members of Children of the Beast will unite with Raphael Mendes in a new project called The Beast Experience. They will aim to make the show even more similar to Maiden, now with 6 members: they have added Vinicius Barbosa, who is possibly the best at covering Janick Gers' lines that I've ever seen.

How disappointing. A small cover group found the time and funds to do it but not the millionaires in the favorite band of ours.
I'm content with that. I think the song is massively overrated, so it's all the same for me. :D

How disappointing. A small cover group found the time and funds to do it but not the millionaires in the favorite band of ours.

I find Iron Maiden’s approach to orchestral arrangement rather cheap for a band as big as them.

I mean, the Manic Street Preachers have orchestral arrangements on many songs that are recorded by a proper string quartet! Granted they are called the Vulcan String Quartet because that is the pub where they used to drink, but it definitely beats some cheap string arrangements!

Not to mention Rainbow’s Stargazer…

It doesn’t matter if the song is good or bad, the point is what Ghost said: It’s cheap. They also could hire a proper pianist.

Exactly. I think Empire of the Clouds is their best epic (by far) since For the Greater Good of God but that is not what we are discussing, but Maiden’s cheap approach to orchestral arrangements.

It doesn’t matter if the song is good or bad, the point is what Ghost said: It’s cheap. They also could hire a proper pianist.
I agree that they should’ve used a proper orchestra, but the novelty of Bruce playing the piano himself is a bit of a selling point.

Overall this stuff doesn’t bother me, though; I’d rather just enjoy the song for what it is. And what it is is incredible.

Back