Chess

It would be nice to organize a Maidenfans chess tournament online. Would that be possible @Magnus ?
That would be cool, my only concern would be time. Unless it's like those old fashioned games that people would play by mail LOL

Oh, I wouldn't be in. I'm really just starting to learn. I subscribed to some chess problems pages recently on a whim to have a brain teaser every morning, and I'm just sharing some of my thoughts here to see if someone smarter than me would agree or teach me to see what I'm missing. Unfortunately, most of the user comments on those pages are even worse than what I am coming up with.
So what? I suck, but play anyway, it's fun.

Not really, Qg5+ Kf8 Bg7+ Kg8 Bf6+ Kf8 Qg7#

Kg8 is an illegal move, because the Queen is still at g5. I assume you mean Ke8. Can't see what Bf6 does, maybe you mean c3? But that won't work if K is at e8. Bb5 would be necessary, but there's a pawn at c6.

Kg8, because bishop is at g7. Bf6 reveals the queen's attack again, and covers e7. There is a rook on e8, can't go there

Kg8, because bishop is at g7. Bf6 reveals the queen's attack again, and covers e7. There is a rook on e8, can't go there

Are we at the same starting point, though? I went from my proposed sequence Pxf5, Qxh4, Re8.
I feel I have to have a proper board setup, having it all in my mind ceases to work at some point for me.

I guess someone might do it at some point.
Could be fun, especially if it's three or four people playing and a dozen commenting and arguing.

I mean technically is it possible? Is there a platform that could make it happen?

We are looking for something that you could play a game during multiple days, due to time zone differences and time restrictions, something that there is a chat, and possibility others to look the game live and trace the previous moves and conment?

Is there such a platform?

I mean technically is it possible? Is there a platform that could make it happen?

We are looking for something that you could play a game during multiple days, due to time zone differences and time restrictions, something that there is a chat, and possibility others to look the game live and trace the previous moves and conment?

Is there such a platform?
Oops, sorry, missed that one.
No idea really but what @Onhell said, I suppose.
And with Kasparov now officially a terrorist and extremist I think this is a game that should better be avoided.
Xiangqi, Shogi and Makruk ftw!

Back