Cellar Darling

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
Formed by 3 Eluveitie members after they left that band. While Eluveitie continues to release one and the same album all over again, CD is much more original. Also just writing this so that Wiz can't complain about YouTube-link-only posts.

I really enjoy both albums.
Care to say anything more?

Formed by 3 Eluveitie members after they left that band. While Eluveitie continues to release one and the same album all over again, CD is much more original. Also just writing this so that Wiz can't complain about YouTube-link-only posts.
Great introduction for people who don't know the band. ::) Slayer and Motorhead also released one and the same album over and over again, so you can't complain about Eluveitie.

Cellar Darling have been one of my favourite bands of the last couple of years. I've seen them four times now and met the band twice. Got both albums and a ticket signed. Good times. 'The Spell' is likely to be one of the best albums of 2019. Great things lie in store for this band.

I had never even heard of Eluveitie and I still haven't actually heard anything by them. I was on the Nuclear Blast store page and saw the first album and for some strange reason I ordered it with some other items. I really enjoyed it. Great lyrics and Anna Murphy has an amazing voice. I think I ordered some Cradle Of Filth, Testament, Overkill and Death Angel in the same order as the Cellar Darling album so it was quite the odd one out. I also preordered The Spell when it went up on amazon and have listened to it quite a bit more than the debut. While I like This Is The Sound I think The Spell is miles ahead of it. The first album feels like a collection of really great songs but The Spell just feels like everything belongs together.

I would love to see them live but the probability of them ever coming around here is nil.

I'm very late to this party. I'd sort of heard of them but wasn't struck by what I heard (was 'Challenge' I think). Then I started listening to all things Eluveitie when I bought my Amorphis/Eluveitie tickets earlier this year, and moved onto Cellar Darling after a couple of weeks and I've stuck with them since.

There's still not much to their discography - probably in part due to Covid throwing a spanner in the works of most of the music industry - but This is the Sound has a few strong tracks, and The Spell is a very nicely crafted album that shows all the signs of a band in full flow creatively. Just don't expect metal. Do expect a lot of hurdy gurdy.

Anyway, seeing as they kindly announced gigs in the North of England, I grabbed tix for their Leeds show at the end of October - first (pro) gig I'll have been to since 2019, and looking forward to it. :)

Back