Cars

Short video from 1965 - installation of first traffic light in my city

Too bad it's not recoloured, those classic cars, shapes, lines, the design...sadly they don't make them like that anymore.
I mean there are hi-tech buses nowadays but the late 50s/60s stuff looks like the Jetsons.

Short video from 1965 - installation of first traffic light in my city

Too bad it's not recoloured, those classic cars, shapes, lines, the design...sadly they don't make them like that anymore.
I mean there are hi-tech buses nowadays but the late 50s/60s stuff looks like the Jetsons.
I love to see old videos from 60's 70's even older when the life weren't so chaotic like now
Did you notice that some things have not changed trough these years? The traffic lights are the same as now basically

Nice Zare!
And the music as well! Who made that?

The music is

You can actually see what the track is if you click 'show more' on the video where it appears .

Video is from national TV agency archives, probably ripped from "on this day" TV series. Author of the video removed original audio with narrator and put that in the captions, used this great music as background instead.

I love to see old videos from 60's 70's even older when the life weren't so chaotic like now
Did you notice that some things have not changed trough these years? The traffic lights are the same as now basically

Yeah some standards we use are pretty old. We shouldn't change for the sake of it. Some stuff in cars, terminology, goes back to when cars were dragged by animals.

This child has been brought up well.

0b7e0nmepqb61.jpg

Had a very pleasant driving experience yesterday. It's taken a while to get used to car's subtleties and once again driving in Mexico. I told my GF the other day, "Driving in Mexico is like playing a video game." "What do you mean?" "Well, you have to run the same track over and over and learn where all the potholes are, where the dog without a leash crosses without looking, where and when the taco stand that sticks out just ever so slightly sets up, where the speed bumps that are the exactly the same color as the street are, etc through trial and error.) I've come to know the ones in my usual routes. But Yesterday I went to pick up my GF from her mom's house and I took the dogs with me. I put on their car harnesses on and secure them to the seatbelts, turn on the A/C, put on some Angra and cruise down the freeway doing 80km.

The our freeway is nothing like in first world countries. For example, in the U.S cargo/contruction trucks and semis are not allowed on the freeway. They have to take surface streets and highways. Here, not only do I have to contend with regular traffic, I have to deal with said trucks. It is also under contruction because they're installing a "Peribus," a public transit bus with a dedicated lane that runs the entire freeway. This is because there are also some public transit lines that either part or the whole freeway. But between being in no particular hurry, being more comfortable with my new car, having my doggies with me and listening to some good power metal, it reminded me how much I enjoy a good drive.

Back